lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2021, 08:17 PM   #1
Renarderickson
Not Yet Wild

Default G22 gas rear axle input shaft....need a coupler or a sprocket.

I feel like this is a good place for this post. Hopefully someone can shed some light on what I'm searching for. I've searched far and wide and cannot find what I'm looking for. I need a 520# chain sprocket that'll fit the 19 spline .968 (ish) bore. Or a coupler I can weld a sprocket to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Renarderickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2021, 06:57 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 gas rear axle input shaft....need a coupler or a sprocket.

What engine do you plan to run ? If seen a couple of members (if the engine isn't to crazy), machine down the original "spring seat" as a base, maybe a spacer to alighn the chain with the engine sprocket bolted to the spring seat then a collar to get out to the threads to tighten it down. But, the spring seat is aluminum and to mush HP or launches will strip the splines. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:53 PM   #3
Renarderickson
Not Yet Wild

I'm only running a honda 200sx motor. I've seen that option as well. I think I've got idea, waiting on the mail to arrive. There is a little splined spacer for the Yamaha secondary clutch. Looks to be about 1/4" thick, of which only half is splined. I ordered four of them of ebay for like 19 bucks. The plan is to stack two on either side of the sprocket and weld it all together. We shall see. I could not even find out if the little spacers are metal of not, they seem to be. Hopefully otherwise I'm out 19 bucks. I've got a drilled out 13t sprocket that just fits over the splines. If all else fails I'll weld the sprocket straight to the input.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:33 AM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renarderickson View Post
I'm only running a honda 200sx motor. I've seen that option as well. I think I've got idea, waiting on the mail to arrive. There is a little splined spacer for the Yamaha secondary clutch. Looks to be about 1/4" thick, of which only half is splined. I ordered four of them of ebay for like 19 bucks. The plan is to stack two on either side of the sprocket and weld it all together. We shall see. I could not even find out if the little spacers are metal of not, they seem to be. Hopefully otherwise I'm out 19 bucks. I've got a drilled out 13t sprocket that just fits over the splines. If all else fails I'll weld the sprocket straight to the input.
The spacers a steel....for 19 bucks each it would be cheap China steel.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 10:27 AM   #5
Renarderickson
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
The spacers a steel....for 19 bucks each it would be cheap China steel.
Thanks for chiming in smallblock. That helps to know they are indeed steel. It was 19 bucks for 4 of them....so yes they are crap steel. I figured as much. The idea would be to grind the shoulder off the spacer leaving only the 1/8" thick splined portion, weld 4 together giving me 1/2" of splines. I'll then weld the sprocket on. Or I may stack two spacers on each side of the sprocket giving me welds on both sides of the sprocket. Hopefully this works. I've also found found older harley's use a 19 spline .984 bore shaft, the bore is slightly larger than the Yamaha's .968 this may be a option, although finding a sprocket smaller than 19t is tough. As of now I'm sticking with the spacer idea, hopefully it'll work. I'll post pics when I get the spacers. I've got a build thread going in the atv/motorcycle swaps.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps