lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2021, 04:07 PM   #21
grecoroman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Electric Moke, need more speed

@amarko @bronsonj
I see the software and cable now for sale... Any chance you would be interested in selling me yours?
grecoroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2021, 10:40 PM   #22
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I can't. I need to go modify a Moke here in the next couple days to get some more mph out of it.

Beware, the controllers are a bit finicky so don't crank up the amps too much or it'll fry (that's what my first one did). So now I only modify the max rpm.

Good luck out there!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:51 PM   #23
grecoroman
Not Yet Wild

I understand - thought it would be worth a shot.

Do you max out the RPM to 6000 per the parameters above? What do you sent the amps to? Would be curious to see your parameters as a starting point.

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2021, 03:23 PM   #24
Afaustini
Not Yet Wild

Where can I find the software and cable? Assuming these mod’s are all with the standard controller correct?
Afaustini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 08:01 PM   #25
grecoroman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afaustini View Post
Where can I find the software and cable? Assuming these mod’s are all with the standard controller correct?
Chinese Amazon
Old 05-24-2021, 11:44 AM   #26
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think I set it to 6,000 initially but the owner requested 6,250.

Initially I upped the amps, added regen and increased rpm, but the controller ended up frying and after more research online it seems these controllers do tend to fry on their own with some regularity. So it was replaced under warranty and this time I'm not increasing the max amps or doing regen. I am only upping the max RPM because even at stock amps, the acceleration is WAAAY better than it is with a fried controller...

On an aside, I went NOWHERE near the max on this controller. IIRC, I set it to 300 amps and it is a 400 amp controller. I only added very mild regen as well. So I am confident that my changes should not have caused the controller to fry. But that controller is made in China and has the quality you'd expect from something made in China...
Old 06-23-2021, 11:25 AM   #27
Idontgolf
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Can anyone point me in the direction to get the diagnostic cable and the programming software? I have scoured the internet and cannot seem to find it. Any help is appreciated.
Idontgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 12:59 PM   #28
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I ended up buying mine from China. Just be careful, the controller isn't overly robust. I only increase max RPM now, I don't modify any other settings.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:37 PM   #29
Cassiafinance
Not Yet Wild

Hi

Was wondering...

Did buying the software and updating settings work??

I need 33 MPH ... not 27!
Cassiafinance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:25 PM   #30
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yup. It's been a while so forgive me. But *I think* the original "Motor Maximum Speed Limit" (RPM limit) was 4950. I changed that to 6250.

The Moke started at 25mph and I ended up with 31mph at 6250 rpm. I know the controller will let you set the RPM limit to any value up to 9,000 rpm. Initially I set the limit at 6,000 but after doing a lot of reading online I found a site claiming the max motor RPM was 6,250. I do not recommend going above that but it's your car so it's up to you.

I know the speed limit it originally had for me was 25mph. Did you change to larger tires to get 27? In Florida the law for a LSV registered vehicle limits it to 25mph as the max speed so I wasn't surprised to see the Moke limit was also 25. Of course, after the dealer sells the LSV we do whatever we want to get whatever speed we want.

As I've said above, do be careful. These controllers seem to be more delicate than a regular Alltrax or Navitas golf cart controller. I no longer add/increase regen or increase the accel. The only thing I change anymore is the RPM limit.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!