lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2018, 07:40 PM   #11
Hammbone1971
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggy conversion and rebuild...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejonesie22 View Post
Ok this is done, and it runs much better except the fact 6 of my batteries of 5 years old and nearly dead. But I recommend the conversion. Photos to follow...
I need some info to start my new rebuild...can you help?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Hammbone1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2018, 06:02 PM   #12
ejonesie22
Not Yet Wild

First props to Scottie for all the help and parts, this has been a pretty easy project.

More photos. Almost done, need to wire in the 48 volt to 12 volt reducer and get the wires cleaned up around the cart. Wanted to get everything where I wanted it...

First a shot of the rear and bottom with new motor and a shot of the reversing solenoids.

Ignore the rust, I am getting the cart together for this season then late spring its coming completely apart for a bead blast and powder-coating from stem to stern.

Quick shots of the cockpit the A / B battery switch with switches from rear 12 volt marine battery and the 48 to 12 volt reducer... Also see the new throttle pedal.

The Forward and Reverse switch in its new location under the seat in the middle. An awesome location for it.

Also a shot of the 12 volt accessory system. 4 circuits for main light, auxiliary lights, USB charging and 2 cigarette outlets...

There is a plastic cover that will go over it.

I have a few more things to do, mainly get the main lights finished and the final job is a complete battery refresh.

Basically if you toss in the powder coating next year the cart is totally "new"

All wires meters, motor, controllers and such are brand new.

I will have some final pictures and an over view of the upgrade coming soon.
ejonesie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:05 PM   #13
ejonesie22
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammbone1971 View Post
I need some info to start my new rebuild...can you help?

Sure, start by getting with Scottie at Carts Unlimited and get his conversion kit. If you are moderately capable with electronics it is an easy install but take your time and do it right.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/conversion-kits.html
Old 08-12-2018, 07:22 PM   #14
Hammbone1971
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Sure, start by getting with Scottie at Carts Unlimited and get his conversion kit. If you are moderately capable with electronics it is an easy install but take your time and do it right.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/conversion-kits.html
Thanks for the info and pictures. I'm going to work on this as you did.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #15
Hammbone1971
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
First props to Scottie for all the help and parts, this has been a pretty easy project.

More photos. Almost done, need to wire in the 48 volt to 12 volt reducer and get the wires cleaned up around the cart. Wanted to get everything where I wanted it...

First a shot of the rear and bottom with new motor and a shot of the reversing solenoids.

Ignore the rust, I am getting the cart together for this season then late spring its coming completely apart for a bead blast and powder-coating from stem to stern.

Quick shots of the cockpit the A / B battery switch with switches from rear 12 volt marine battery and the 48 to 12 volt reducer... Also see the new throttle pedal.

The Forward and Reverse switch in its new location under the seat in the middle. An awesome location for it.

Also a shot of the 12 volt accessory system. 4 circuits for main light, auxiliary lights, USB charging and 2 cigarette outlets...

There is a plastic cover that will go over it.

I have a few more things to do, mainly get the main lights finished and the final job is a complete battery refresh.

Basically if you toss in the powder coating next year the cart is totally "new"

All wires meters, motor, controllers and such are brand new.

I will have some final pictures and an over view of the upgrade coming soon.
Ok so you used 12v marine batteries to get 48v so you have to use an converter??

Old 08-13-2018, 10:33 AM   #16
ejonesie22
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Thanks for the info and pictures. I'm going to work on this as you did.

Cool. I am at some point going to detail things but if you get going before I do message me if you get stuck. First thing Ill tell you invest in good low amp wires and also new battery/high amp wiring.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:39 AM   #17
ejonesie22
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Ok so you used 12v marine batteries to get 48v so you have to use an converter??

I have both. I have the 48 to 12 volt as well as a stand alone 12 volt system using the marine battery. I wanted to have a standalone system because the buggy not only has head and tail lights but led light bars front, rear, left and right as well a quad USB chargers and 3 cig outlets. We use it a lot for camping and hunting and working on the farm so I wanted good lighting to work late and power for cell phones and for our timber management program on a tablet.

The marine batter in the back runs the accessories most of the time to not pull on the cart drive batteries but I like have the option and a 2 battery switch lets me choose...
Old 08-13-2018, 03:15 PM   #18
Hammbone1971
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I have both. I have the 48 to 12 volt as well as a stand alone 12 volt system using the marine battery. I wanted to have a standalone system because the buggy not only has head and tail lights but led light bars front, rear, left and right as well a quad USB chargers and 3 cig outlets. We use it a lot for camping and hunting and working on the farm so I wanted good lighting to work late and power for cell phones and for our timber management program on a tablet.

The marine batter in the back runs the accessories most of the time to not pull on the cart drive batteries but I like have the option and a 2 battery switch lets me choose...
This is exactly what i want.I will stay in touch with you if you don't mind.Thanks

Old 08-13-2018, 05:27 PM   #19
Hammbone1971
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
This is exactly what i want.I will stay in touch with you if you don't mind.Thanks

So what was the conversion package # you got ? And why is the new gas pedal have to be replaced?I do like what you are doing,I'm interested in going the same route.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:02 AM   #20
Montejano21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi I’d like to do this to mine. Could you share parts list and how you did it? Thanks in advance!
Montejano21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides