lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2022, 06:21 PM   #41
344russf
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Air Ride suspension on TXT

Great set up! Is there an equivalent Monroe part number for the MA 705 but with the through bolt mounts on both ends? I searched a bunch of websites but no luck. Thanks
344russf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2022, 01:39 PM   #42
aberk
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 344russf View Post
Great set up! Is there an equivalent Monroe part number for the MA 705 but with the through bolt mounts on both ends? I searched a bunch of websites but no luck. Thanks
This PDF gives the spec of all of their shocks. Look toward the bottom for the parts that start with MA (Max Air). There are some that have the eye on one or both ends, but you may be out of luck depending on what length you need and what size eye they come with.

EDIT:
The link is being edited because the forum thinks it contains profanity...

search for "monroe-mounting-length-specifications-english.pdf" and you will find the doc.
aberk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 07:53 AM   #43
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Air shocks can be very stiff. Looks like a fun project
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 12:46 PM   #44
SteveO90290
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That's pretty cool! I wish I had seen this before buying shocks for my '84 Marathon. It looks like it might have worked on it.
SteveO90290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 04:50 PM   #45
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Looks good!! But those air lines!

Your cart looks good man, but I crack up at the notion of even 1/4” air line, let alone that tiny little 1/16” stuff you’re using there! I can’t even believe your cart will go up and down in an 8 hour period of time! I was going to go with the MA705’s, I have em and everything,, but after a little research I found that it takes like a week and a half just to air up 6”! I ended up going with actual airbags, which was more work to fit in, but the catcher is I used 1/2” line. Now you wanna talk about pants pooping fun! This is what they would put on a ‘64 impala to make it pop up quickly…. So on my cart, when i take my kids to school, I can **** near eject then to their classroom!
I’ve always thought air should be fast and responsive. If it takes 4 weeks to lift your cart full height, what’s the point?
Not knocking ya, just my take on air line size. Your build is awesome. Can the tiny line,, you won’t regret it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
TooMuchJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 04:59 PM   #46
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlshank View Post
Looks really good Minker, If you get 1/4" lines and valves it might bring the front wheels off the ground. I don't think you'll have to worry about over inflating those bags. Having a tank you can inflate to 200 Psi will make for fast inflating and give you more air to play with between your compressor running. If you're concerned about the pressure in the bags add some gauges and you'll also have better adjustment of your ride height. Might learn that it rides better at different pressures and speeds. keep posting pictures.
1/4” lines will do no such thing my friend. I went with 1/2”, two compressors, and still can’t get it to hop! Lol. I can almost eject my kids off of the seat, it’s lightning fast, but 1/4” line is actually really slow. To each their own. I’m gonna try gas instead of air and see if THAT will make it hop! Lol.

But again, i know this is an old post, but this was my inspiration to move forward. Your cart looks amazing my friend!
Old 03-18-2023, 05:19 PM   #47
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erobbins View Post
Minker67, Question about your rear set up. Instead of making my own links, Do you think cutting off the rear of the leaf spring like some of the old hotrodders did when building T-Buckets would work?
That’s what I did.. works. Little bouncy but…..
Old 06-28-2023, 12:57 PM   #48
Bamboosh
Not Yet Wild

How did the air ride come out? Super cush and comfortable looking at doing to mine now.
Bamboosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!