lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2022, 07:35 PM   #2081
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

20's tonite BRRRRRRRRRR
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2022, 08:00 AM   #2082
Notsoezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
20's tonite BRRRRRRRRRR
Setting up my new to me pellet stove today or tomorrow
Notsoezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 08:20 AM   #2083
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

A few people on the island have those. I had looked at that BUT my insurance carrier forbids their use along with oil heat. There are people here with both types so I wonder IF you are grandfathered because of when it was installed. BUT now that they have finally supplied the island with natural gas you see them for sale on market place. I converted from propane to natural gas so this my first winter on this system. I am hoping to get pay back over the next 2 years. It is funny here that there are a lot of houses that had the meter installed. AND yet very very few are hooked up. From the day the meter is installed you get billed $10-12 per month. AND purportedly if you do not hook up in 90 days you could be billed for the cost of the pipe installation. I can understand if you are a summer weekender not converting due to how much propane or electricity are you going to use versus the cost of conversion. I wonder if they had the meters installed without reading the contract they signed ?
Old 12-05-2022, 08:57 AM   #2084
Notsoezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

For my home I use minisplit heatpumps and a pellet stove supplement heat. This recently acquired pellet stove will go into my out building so I can work this winter
Notsoezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 09:13 AM   #2085
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

When I lived in Va both my homes were EBB. So I heated them with wood stoves and a touch of EBB. When the house here was first moved here from the ocean shore in feb of 2002 I used a kerosene heater to work inside until I got the propane unit installed. BUT until 2010 this was just a weekend place I used 23 days a year or so. I keep looking at mini splits more for the AC but so far the 2 window units cool the house well enough. But again there are only about 100 families that live here year round versus the 250 or so who are weekenders or less. This time of the year when I hear the fire and rescue siren go off I guess it is some sort of not so good method of heating.
Old 12-06-2022, 07:36 PM   #2086
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Drat The Jersey Shore guy goes gets dethroned in Jeopardy
Old 12-08-2022, 11:50 AM   #2087
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Took Izzy for the marina walk today after 2 days of rain. We spotted no less the 8 Great Blue Herons in the tree opposite the marina. I have never seen so many Great Blues in one place. Maybe a seafood smorgasbord in the marina's inlet ?
Old 12-11-2022, 01:26 PM   #2088
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The GF insisted we watch "Wednesday" on netflix. The girl that plays Wednesday really carries the show along with really funny thing. BUT more to the point here is Tim Burton should call on are own Lockman to play Lurch if there is a season 2. His Halloween make up one year was much closer to the original Lurch. If you get the job Lockman I want my 10% as your agent P.S The 3 nights she is here we watch what she wants the other 4 nights it is what Ray and Izzy want to see.
Old 12-11-2022, 10:14 PM   #2089
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Here NG is way cheaper, but IDK about this year with wingnut in charge. I don't want to put oil in my garage furnace I should have 2yr ago.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 10:45 PM   #2090
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Got my first gas bill the other day $111. That covers from when the meter was installed in the fall until the end of november. It is probably going to take 2 years to get the $'s back on the switch. Another $200 to convert the generator from propane. BUT if the power goes out for an extended period winter or summer Ray's and Izzy's old bodies will be comfortable. With things being the way they are SURE am glad I don't have the daily 130 mile commute to Philly anymore. At this rate my car will last me until I'm dead or in a home somewhere.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps