lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2022, 09:28 PM   #71
Marathon Matt
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Fully Independent Suspension Build

I’ll end up replacing the seat covers with something like tweed or something. Just wanted to get it all together as much as I can for now.

Man I can’t wait to get those new wheels and tires. This thing is gonna be sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marathon Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2022, 09:35 PM   #72
Marathon Matt
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Fully Independent Suspension Build

I’m almost done with the rear body. The bag well is almost together gotta do a little splicing on the seam. Working on the rear bed box. Not sure if I want to keep it on or not. But I’m sure it’ll be handy to have a storage area for stuff. Doubt I’ll ever take this to the golf course even if I bought some turf tires, but I know I’ll use it around the house a bunch so I’m trying to hang on to some level of usefulness. LOL

Old 12-04-2022, 06:42 PM   #73
Marathon Matt
Gone Wild

Club Car

It hurt my feelings to have to cut the front apart but I want it as close to perfect as I can get it.

I realized the upper arms needed to go up a little and out a little as well as brought forward to flush with the front mounts.

Hopefully all this extra work will be worth it.

The rear end of the cart is done except for the brakes (waiting on parts). Body fully stitched and mounted. Seat back bracket and bed support brackets all welded up and done. Rear cargo box modified and tack welded up together
. So progress is being made.

Old 12-04-2022, 06:46 PM   #74
Marathon Matt
Gone Wild

Club Car

Man. What a project. This thing has been a TON of work. Hope it’s worth it. Otherwise I could have just been making payments on a RZR and not spending days cutting and welding and cutting and welding, etc etc. But then again, they don’t make a Single Seater Electric 2WD RZR with a 4-link and 4 wheel disc brakes yet and I’m really after the quiet, no oil or gas buggy that I can use at night without bothering my neighbors, and trying to do it for a quarter of the cost or less. So yeah. Tall order.
Old 12-04-2022, 08:09 PM   #75
Marathon Matt
Gone Wild

Club Car

Restart. Yeah. I know. My welds are ugly. I’m out of gas on my good welder so I’m using my flux core and it’s controls are loosy goosey.
Old 12-04-2022, 08:21 PM   #76
Marathon Matt
Gone Wild

Club Car

Weld. Grind. Weld. It’s how a hack welder does it. LOL
Old 12-04-2022, 10:41 PM   #77
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Are you welding with flux core wire?
What size? And what amps are you running?

Flux core is always messy, but anti-spatter spray on the parts helps a lot to keep the boogers from building up.
It’s hard to tell sometimes after the fact, but you may have too much stick-out or too little amperage combined with a fast travel speed.

Another thing I see in the earlier pics is what looks like a front shock tower from a Club car. Those were never designed to carry the weight of the cart, so if you do use that for the shock mount be sure to beef it up a little. Those are not that strong and are frequently bent.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:37 AM   #78
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This is a great project. I love to watch the progress. A iithium battery makes this project doable. Otherwise you would not be able to fit enough wet cell battery in it. IMHO
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 12:21 PM   #79
Marathon Matt
Gone Wild

Club Car

Fairtax, you’re right on all accounts. my flux core machine only has 4 settings and a not very accurate wire speed knob. It’s also 110v so it’s not real powerful. I’m definitely not a real welder, I just play one on TV. But I usually weld a little better than that but I was getting tired and sloppy.

The club car shock tower was meant to just be a mock up for tower height and width. Originally I was thinking of building my triangulation for the front sub-frame around it, but hearing the tend to bend, It won’t be going back in.
Old 12-05-2022, 12:32 PM   #80
Marathon Matt
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This is a great project. I love to watch the progress. A iithium battery makes this project doable. Otherwise you would not be able to fit enough wet cell battery in it. IMHO

Thanks Scotty. I can get the six 8 volt Trojans under the seat but have no room for the controller. I have two ideas on how to mount the controller. If neither work I’m going to have break the bank and buy a lithium.

Do you have a recommendation for a lithium battery for this cart that’s not $2000+?

I saw one with good reviews on Amazon that was $1700, but who really knows until you’ve pulled the trigger and experience it for yourself. Seems like a pretty big gamble any way you go.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts