lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
travisty
Not Yet Wild

Default cart looses power at full throttle

My G8 cuts out at full throttle. however at 3/4 throttle it has "full power" another problem is while at full throttle if you pull the choke the cart regains full power. Please help! Thanks,

Travisty
travisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: cart looses power at full throttle

You may be starving for fuel, pluged jet or filter, weak pump. If so choking it restores proper mixture, Clean and check the entire fuel system including the filter in the tank. Verify air box and crank vent not leaking. Good luck.

Twisted working on wild
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:56 PM   #3
bordin34
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Your G8 has a rev limiter. Does it sound like it is pulsing at full throttle?
bordin34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #4
travisty
Not Yet Wild

I really don't know what that would sound like. . . also, I have heard recently that ethanol mixed gas is destroying small engines and if I remember correctly the last tank of gas had the 10% mix in it. I purchased the gas at a station that was selling ethanol but had not put up the signs stating the mixed gas... needless to say I was upset. I drained the gas and put some regular in but have not seen a difference yet, i'm waiting for what was left in the lines to burn through. any ideas? also, if it makes any difference to the previous post I have installed the speed spring from cpp.. Thanks for all the help guys.

Travisty
travisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:07 PM   #5
BigCaddy
Not Yet Wild

How long did you run the 10% in the cart? If it was able to sit in the engine for awhile, then it really could have done some damage. I run a small engine shop on the outskirts of Denver. We have had a lot of issues with people bringing in cycles and carts, I even had one or two G8s I think, anyway most of the problem stems from the fact that they let the cart sit with the ethanol laced gas inside of it. This leads to a lot of build up, and ends up blocking the lines up.

In my opinion I would take apart the carb, and try to clean it out, but before that try and clean out the fuel pump. If none of this works, then you might have some clogging somewhere else on the cart. Sometimes the ethanol can really screw with the engine in ways you can imagine.

Also, is the air filter clean and new? I have seen a few cases of something being inside the container for the filter, and causing a clog, or just causing issues deeper in the engine. This could be anything from leaves, dirt, or even oil. If there are things inside the case, then take them out as soon as possible, and hope that none of it got into the engine. If it did, then you might have a big project on your hands, or an excuse to drop some cash on a new engine.

Best of luck.
BigCaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #6
BigCaddy
Not Yet Wild

Also, have you changed the fuel filter? If so, did you use one that wasn't meant for your cart? If not, that could be the issue. If you went to a big box store, and just bought one off a shelf, then that could be causing some of the issue.

It might not be the filter, but it is at least another idea.
BigCaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:20 AM   #7
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Good info BigCaddy.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha