lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default I should know this answer, but ....

I know I shouldn't have to ask this, but when crank seals go, is it possible for them to go in an intermittent fashion (meaning when you start up the cart is fine, but then after a bit you'll lose the ability to go over about 1500rpm, then if you let off the gas and try again it'll run fine?)

I ask because, well, that's what the cart is doing ... and I already jacked it up and tested the seals (which seemed fine) and the compression is good too (135lbs)

Any input or experience with this sort of problem with a 2-stroke 2PG?

Thanks in advance, as always
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I should know this answer, but ....

No experience like that but having changed the seals (twice) it seems to me that they are shot or they are not shot.
Your symptoms almost sound like a fuel delivery issue. The pump is not quite supplying enough so it runs until the bowl empties and then you back off and with the engine still running but this time slower the pump catches up for a while. I would be tempted to buy a foot of fuel line and a clear filter and insert this between the pump and the carburetter. If you remove the rear cover you could then get a passenger to watch the fuel flow to see if it falters as the engine dies. Actually whilst I am typing and thinking perhaps the vent in the fuel cap is blocked, a free test would be to loosen or remove the cap and go for a drive.
Would it make you feel better if I told you that I got my engine back in last night and it is running like a sewing machine? I guess not.
Good Luck
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I should know this answer, but ....

Dave - good to hear you're back on the road, or, um, "Off the Road" so to speak !!

I've got an electric pump that I'll throw in tomorrow and see if that helps (along with the other pointers, although the fuel lines, filter etc are all new - that gas cap thing makes sense though, my cap is the old-style with the gauge, and the float is literally rusted off, so that worries me a bit)

Thanks as always Amigo - I'll keep you posted on the progress
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO