lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
pickwickangler
Not Yet Wild

Default Here is the deal?

I can buy a 93 club car with rear seat for $500. In my area a good running one with rear seat is gonna run you 2k. The cart does not run due to no spark. Dude replaced the coil but still does not spark I know nothing about carts but have worked on tons of other stuff. From what I have gathered off this site, it is probably a ignitor or the rpm limiter. The guy selling the cart will not be in town till the day before I need it (4th of july golf cart parade ). Do I go ahead and commit to buy the cart and get some parts on the way or go ahead and spend the $$ on a running cart? Would I need a rpm limiter or just disconnect the one on it? Thanks
pickwickangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Here is the deal?

Buy a running cart for the sure thing, buy the 93, fix it when you get back and sell to offset the cost of the runner!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if it is the limitor or ignitor and they do suggest you change them in pairs as theres no real bench test to see if its bad................if the coil has been changed chances are they replaced a good coil because that year is famus for ignitor/limitor going bad............so 500.00 plus lets say 150.00 for the parts and 15 minutes of time you have a running cart for 650.00 the only drawback to the limitor disable is you have to watch all that bouncing off the gov. its just a little hard on motor...............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:58 PM   #4
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

id buy it for that price
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:29 AM   #5
stevenvjohnson
Not Yet Wild

I'd check the compression first - but I don't know what reading you should expect on a cold engine... Anyone have this info? Also, I have the Maintenance and Service Manual for 1995-96CC and it has a test procedure for the ignitor and RPM lmiter. Test the ignitor from the body to the male connection, it should be between 2-6 ohms. For the limiter, test between the brown and black wires and it should read 4.5-7 ohms. According to the manual this will find 90% of bad limiters and ignitors. I think yours should be the same... Good luck.

Last edited by stevenvjohnson; 06-11-2010 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: added information
stevenvjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car