lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2016, 12:00 PM   #1
ENC_CART
Not Yet Wild

Default Work/Hunt Cart

Looking to build a cart for hunting and working around the yard. I picked up a series cart with lift (22"tires) and everything. Needs a little work, but only paid $300 for it. Did some horse trading and ended up with an Alltrax 400 controller and HD F&R switch. Planning to upgrade to 48V system. I am kinda of putting the buggy before the horse now. Am I going in the right direction for my needs. Not looking for a 20mph cart. I'm content with the 13-15mph. I just want the cart to have the torque and power needed for the offroad needs I have for it. What are everyone's thoughts?

Thanks
ENC_CART is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2016, 12:23 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Work/Hunt Cart

With 22" tires and 48V, you will have a 20mph cart.

As for torque, the 22" tires cost you about 18% of the stock torque, but going to 48V will increase the torque by 33%, so the net gain is about 15% over stock throughout the RPM spectrum, plus about going from the stock 275A controller to a 400A controller will up the low end torque by about 45%.

Sounds like you are heading in right direction for your desires, but if that isn't enough torque, or is too much speed, replace the stock motor with a high-torque type.

-------
added: If tires are low pressure type (<10PSI max inflation pressure) cart may not reach 20mph.

Last edited by JohnnieB; 05-03-2016 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: added info
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:47 PM   #3
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like we're looking to build about the same cart. I will pick mine up this weekend.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:55 PM   #4
ENC_CART
Not Yet Wild

Looks like I have the horse before the cart again. Thought I was headed the right direction, but started second guessing myself. Is there a motor you guys recommend? I have seen the Bandit by plum quick. Thoughts and suggestions?
Old 05-03-2016, 01:18 PM   #5
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I don't see why your cart is ahead of the pony here?

You have a cart and going to 48v for more power and speed and have the controller to get more torque and speed.

I honestly. ..since your not after speed just keep it as 36v and just do the controller and you will have 1 15mph cart with the torque you need.

If you want more torque and speed put the two extra batteries in
Old 05-03-2016, 02:00 PM   #6
ENC_CART
Not Yet Wild

I was figuring with the extra 2 batteries my run time would be longer. Thoughts on that? Ideally I would like to have an extra long run time if I head out of town to hunt the weekend and charging it up might not be easily done.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:39 PM   #7
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Oh yea you will have longer run time in that case.

I'm no expert let the other guys tell you the answer here.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:57 PM   #8
coldcan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Here's a question for you guys that might help ENC_CART, is it possible to tie in those 2 extra batteries you're talking about in parallel and keep the 36V motor ?
coldcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:01 PM   #9
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

48v is better for power and torque-requires charger,hd solenoid and possibly a hd f/r switch or contactor....
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:23 PM   #10
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcan View Post
Here's a question for you guys that might help ENC_CART, is it possible to tie in those 2 extra batteries you're talking about in parallel and keep the 36V motor ?
I would say no. You could parallel six more batteries in. (If you could fit em) I think if you just paralleled two in, it would create a bad imbalance. I could be wrong.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO