lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2021, 06:53 PM   #11
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Time for new batteries 😞

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I’d still really recommend you verify the brand and part number of the motor, and controller before doing anything. I find it hard to believe you’re getting 20mph on a completely stock 36v DS. That’s a lot… SOMETHING has been modified….
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2021, 06:54 PM   #12
BballBeast
Not Yet Wild

I posted the motor model number up in my other post. It's 5bc48jb764 which states its a stock 36 volt club car motor. I believe the curtis says 1204-015 and also says 275 amp for 24 or 36 volts.

That's why I posted on here cause I feel like this cart shouldn't go 20 cause I pass most carts around me like it's nothing. Everything appears to be stock so I guess maybe it has high speed gears. Cart was my father in laws who bought it like 6 or 7 years ago and he passed away 2 years ago so nothing has been modified to my knowledge
BballBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 07:36 PM   #13
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

That controller only can operate up to 36 volts. So to go 48 you need to upgrade. The motor most likely can handle the 48 volts however.

I'm not sure what your plans are or your usage is like, but if batteries are the only thing needed at this time, consider going with new 6 volts. Whatever mods have been done to make it go 20 will not be affected.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:03 PM   #14
BballBeast
Not Yet Wild

Plan on putting alltrax 500 controller, 400 amp solenoid, 2 gauge wires and 48 volts. Shouldn't just upping to 48 make it go faster? I know it's tempting to leave it along cause it runs very good with fully charged batteries but addicted to the cart now so I need upgrades lmao. Wife's on board with doing it also. I have 2 year old son and 4 year old daughter also who rides on the cart with me so i don't need anything crazy. Mainly the long run time of the 48 volts is more important to me than the top speed but would be nice to go at least 25mph.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:16 PM   #15
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm with you now. Go with the new controller and 48 volt batteries as you plan.

An Alltrax 400 and 200 amp solenoid, with 4 gauge wires are plenty, unless you are planning a more aggressive motor, larger tires, etc. That's what mine had with FLA batteries and I got a steady 24 MPH with two riders.

Going to lithium and losing about 270#, a new field map, and slight increase in max rpm's has me at 26 to 27.

And at my age 26 MPH is way too fast!
Old 11-23-2021, 08:18 PM   #16
BballBeast
Not Yet Wild

Also we use the cart just about everyday. We ride to the stores, drive it around the community and sometimes take it back onto this trail. The trail is relatively smooth with some bumps from tree roots but nothing crazy. We live in Florida now so there's no hills or anything around us.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:27 PM   #17
BballBeast
Not Yet Wild

I figured I'd go with the 500 since I believe it has a built in cooling fan but also if end up changing the motor down the road I could up the amps. Id really like to go lithium because of all the advantages but obviously that cost a lot more. At that point I'd rather buy a newer cart lol
Old 11-23-2021, 08:50 PM   #18
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well for me, it has been more satisfying to put new money (a bit at a time) into an old cart than to put old money (savings all at once) into a new cart.

Gosh, that was really deep!
Old 11-23-2021, 09:41 PM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I agree, a sr48400 and 200A solenoid would be plenty. If you’re in a really hilly area or mountains, you’ll really benefit from the extra amperage. But the 400A controller will save you a few bucks, and you also have to remember the higher the current draw, the less range you’ll have. You’re not going to get any more speed out of a 600 amp than a 400 amp. Amperage = torque

I had this cart when I lived in Georgia. It has a SR48400, 200A solenoid, 2awg cables, admiral motor, and a HD FNR switch. It was on 25” tires and in grass would nearly lift the front tires off the ground. On dirt or asphalt it would spin the rear tires from a stop, just a chirp but it would still do it. Before I lifted it, it would spin the stock tires like crazy. Donuts in the grass all day. it would cruise 28-29mph, occasionally touching 30mph.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BB79E4C3-6C45-4319-8018-B0D778944B69.jpg (363.5 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 09:53 PM   #20
BballBeast
Not Yet Wild

Yea i like the look of the DS anyway plus my wife obviously wants to keep it cause it was her father's cart. I would of bought another DS that a friend sold cause he got arrested and he sold the cart for 300 bucks. I didn't know he was selling it until he told me he got rid of it. Had a plum quick motor and toaster coils lmao but the batteries were shot. Been fixing cars my whole life but I just started learning about electric carts. These forums are super helpful and appreciated the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car