lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2020, 03:33 PM   #21
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Solid state conversion and 36 to 48 volt

Here are the finishing touches for this go around. The LED light and controls and the backseat install.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4628.jpg (109.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4631.jpg (211.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4632.jpg (156.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4635.jpg (166.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4633.jpg (139.2 KB, 0 views)
NewtoBuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2020, 03:45 PM   #22
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

the rest of the quick pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4636.jpg (130.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4637.jpg (134.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4640.jpg (188.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4645.jpg (212.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-21-2020, 04:35 PM   #23
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Looking Good!
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:32 AM   #24
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

So. I/we did our break in as instructed for the motor.

The kids and I have been using it without issue since a couple days before Christmas.

We turn off the key and f/r switch each time we stop for more than a few moments.

I went to get on it yesterday with it parked in the barn where I was the one who last drive it. The FnR switch was in f but key was off. I thought to myself this may not be good.

Sure enough the battery meter shows 51.3 volts but when I press the throttle all it does is click three times and then I let off. No movement in either direction. Just the clicking.

I’m going to see if the controller will give me any code with the led light if I get a chance today.

Any input is appreciated to help speed along the trouble shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2021, 08:58 AM   #25
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Does the Alltrax require it to be in neutral when you park it? I've not heard of that one.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 09:12 AM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Putting in neutral (with the key off) has no affect since the power to the FNR, Solenoid and controller comes from the key switch.

What is clicking, the Reversing Contactor or the Solenoid?

Is You reversing Contactor "clicking" every time you press and release the accelerator?

Tap whichever is not clicking, Solenoid or Reversing Contactor, with the wood handle of a hammer in case the plunger has not released due to welding contacts.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 06:44 PM   #27
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok so work and life has gotten in my way the past few days but i was able to borrow a few minutes this evening to check out the codes on the controller.

Sergio I agree the fnr shouldn't make any difference if the key is off, but i read on some other post here in the forum that there will be draw with it on (i cant remember exactly what it was) so i just put it in practice to put into n when not in use.

So according to the LED codes from the controller it is 1-green and 3-red. Referencing the Alltrax book for code meanings it is showing Battery over voltage. This is confusing as the digital meter is reading 49.9 tonight after just sitting for the past few days. I did not put my volt meter on the pack to verify but the meter is pretty accurate with the volt meter readings when i checked it during the install portion.

Now moving to the next page in the Alltrax book for the code definitions -- a battery overage means that B+ voltage is higher than over voltage battery setting. Can this change on its own in the controller? I don't have a USB cable to hook the controller up to my laptop but I can obviously go buy one if I need to reset something.

Any one have any experience with this issue on the Alltrax? Just to clarify the controller I have is the SR 48500.

Oh and also I did check which was clicking (solenoid or reversing contactor) and by putting my hand on each, separately of course, they both are clicking. I can feel them as well as hear them.
Old 01-08-2021, 07:21 AM   #28
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You should get a USB cable and check all of the controller settings as that will be the most efficient and precise way to verify it is not just a setting issue.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 05:42 PM   #29
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

So I picked up a USB cable and downloaded the Alltrax software. Today after work I plugged in the laptop to the controller with the key off. Following the user manual I did observe the controller information on the left top side. It shows the model serial and revision information.

under controller settings tab it lists the KSI at 16volts, undervoltage at 20 volts,
overvoltage at 55 volts. max motor amps at 500, max motor amps at 500, max forward speed 100%, Max reverse speed 50%, throttle rate 12.5%.

the throttle settings tab has the speed and torque curves which look good - speed curve is 1=0, 5=10, 21=15, 37=23, 54=37, 72=58, 99=100, 100=100. torque curve is - 1=0, 11=32, 20=57, 30=80, 42=95, 50=100, 99=100, 100=100.

The monitor tab has error flags and gauges. none of the error flags are checked nor highlighted as the manual says they will be if there is an error. this is with the key switch on or off same result.

The gauges section shows the battery volts at 1.8 and the temperature of the controller at 14* Celsius. i am assuming that the voltage is based on the usb plug being plugged in and it giving me the continuous 3 green flashes indicating it is plugged into the laptop according to what the user manual says.

I put it in monitor mode and with help form my son we can safely monitor it while driving except it doesn't move of course. we just get the clicking and in turn the 1 green 3 red led flash from the controller. that we have been getting.

I am tempted to disconnect the battery pack wires to try and reset it as it appears everything is where it should be. I am not sure if this will work or not. I am curious as to how it isnt showing the error of overvoltage on the toolkit but it does on the LED flash code.

I hope all this made sense to you guys.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:48 AM   #30
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

here are the pics from the Alltrax toolkit on my laptop screen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4760.jpg (306.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4761.jpg (272.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4762.jpg (175.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4763.jpg (139.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4764.jpg (150.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car