lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2019, 09:18 AM   #21
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Charging different brand batteries with ERIC charger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabill View Post
Can't answer the one above but I was wondering if all CC Eric and Lester chargers are made by Delta-Q The 650 watt's all look about the same. The Lester 1050W doesn't look like it's part of the Delta-Q line.
The Delta IC650/ERIC look kinda similar to the Lester Summit II 650, but they are NOT the same charger. Lester makes their own chargers.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2019, 08:58 PM   #22
cocoabill
Not Yet Wild

I picked up a Lester summit II 1050W charger with eyelet terminals, is there any reason at all to bypass the OBC when using this charger connected directly to the battery pack? It seams to me if you leave the OBC in place you could use the standard charger (although state of charge will not be accurate?) and also use the new Lester charger which doesn't rely on the OBC for charge information.

Thanks
Bill
cocoabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 11:51 PM   #23
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Eventually the OBC will lockout the controller if it does not sense a Powerdrive charger being plugged in after a certain time period.
Once you have a smart charger installed, there’s absolutely no reason to go back to using the OBC and buzz-box charger.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:41 PM   #24
masc243
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseoshea View Post
Will the stock charging profile for the ERIC charger work with Crown 165 AH 8v batteries in my 48v club car? I do not have a PC to be able to use the Delta software to change the algorithm. Thank you! Which algorithm is used from the factory? It is a 2015 ERIC Charger IC0650-048-CC
I have the same exact question. Is anyone out there using the ERIC with Crown 165's. If so, are you using the default algorithm, or a different one?

Thanks
Mike
masc243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:24 PM   #25
jesseoshea
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sergio was kind enough to answer this question for me in another thread on 2/14/19. His reply was to switch to algorithm 3. “No one knows what #31 does since it is an OEM spec (You should use #3),” Sergio. We shouldn’t use number #1 because our charger is not capable on sensing temperature. He backed up his suggestion with some pretty cool and relevant data on the algorithm’s. The #3 algorithm does line up similarly to Crown 165 datasheets on suggested charging methods. Delta Q never responded to me when I emailed their support. Hope this helps.
jesseoshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:12 AM   #26
masc243
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by william h View Post
Delta q recomends algorithm 3 for trojan 875’s now
I'm not seeing the algorithm 3 recommendation on their site, but agree that it makes the most sense for the Club Car Eric's lack of temp compensation.

Is 3 the best algorithm for the Trojan T-875's

Charged yesterday for the first time using the stock algorithm for original batteries. Lots of gassing, Towards end of charge, Voltage was about 63 VDC; unplugged charger until I figure the best algorithm.
masc243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:44 AM   #27
Nucc10
Not Yet Wild

Its been a while since this thread has had any activity. Has anybody since found out if the Battery profiles to upload for the Delta Q IC650 charger is still compatible with the ERIC charger? I just bought a used ERIC external charger and want to be sure its set up right to charge my brand new US Batteries. I am bypassing the 2005 Club Car DS iQ OBC first. Thank you-

Im wondering if these same steps for set up and profiles sergio posted on page 2 of this thread are still good?

Is this good info for ERIC?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPyWAmGzkAs
Nucc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:35 PM   #28
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

If you have the Club Car Branded version ERIC charger then it does not have a button or screen on the front, and algorithms have to be loaded with a USB stick.
Directions and links in Post#11 should still be correct. Be sure to check the Delta Q site for the correct algorithm for your battery.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:42 AM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The only issue that surfaced during the algorithm changes is the minimum software version required for the OEM ERIC to allow algorithm changes.

If You have software vs 4.3.7.264 or lower in your ERIC it will not load the new algorithms from the USB stick.

Delta-Q sent the new software update to few members upon request but it appears that later they stopped the practice and referred the customers to the clueless Club Car dealers for support.

One of the members received a packed zip file with both the algorithm #3 and the software update, perhaps you can ask them to upload to the site so other members can benefit from the upgrade.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:01 PM   #30
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaLuke View Post
I changed mine to 1 when I bought a new pack of 875’s, it is super easy to do and only takes 5 minutes.
Please help with the procedure to change from #32 to #1
I spoke with charger manufacturer and they told mr that the chargers are sent to club car with #31 installed. #31 is a generic flooded lead acid program as they do not always know what batteries club car will put in the cars. And if using Trojan 875 the best algorithm is #1.
They suggested I take the charger to my club car dealer who was no help at all and did not even know what I was talking about.
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car