lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2019, 09:08 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charging different brand batteries with ERIC charger?

This is an old thread and we have a lot more information about programming the ERIC charger since it is essentially an IC650 model.

I was going to refer to another thread but it appears Delta-Q keeps changing their site links and the links on the older thread no longer work.

Here is the current links I found for installing additional charging profile/algorithm in those ERIC chargers:

List of Algorithms available for download:
US Batteries: https://support.delta-q.com/hc/en-us...hm-suggestions

Trojan Batteries: https://support.delta-q.com/hc/en-us...hm-suggestions

Other Batteries: https://support.delta-q.com/hc/en-us...Algorithms.pdf

Where to Download the Algorithms:
https://support.delta-q.com/hc/en-us...eries-Chargers

How to Install them:
https://support.delta-q.com/hc/en-us...date_steps.pdf

Software needed to read the data logs from USB stick:
https://delta-q.com/software-accessories/

The comment in their instructions about "Prepare a USB data Drive" simply means obtain an USB drive that is formatted for windows (FAT32).

Basically if You can read the USB stick on your windows computer you are good to go, just erase the contents of the drive before copying any files or plugging it to the charger to ready the data log.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #12
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have now changed my charger profile to 1 since this was an old post. The result has been good, no more excess boiling when charging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:41 PM   #13
AquaLuke
Getting Wild

I changed mine to 1 when I bought a new pack of 875’s, it is super easy to do and only takes 5 minutes.
AquaLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 07:03 AM   #14
cocoabill
Not Yet Wild

Any ideas on what would be required to use this newer charger on an older club car? I know this unit no longer requires the obc but is it getting any information from the cart? I have already swiched to alltrax controller and would shure like to ditch the stud setup I have going through my obc because of larger cables and my noisy power drive charger.

Thanks
Bill
cocoabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:17 AM   #15
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Yes, you can absolutely get rid of the OBC.
You can use ANY smart charger with your cart, just run the BLACK lead from the charge receptacle straight to the main pack negative terminal, or to the B- terminal at the controller.

The GREY lead on the charge receptacle can be used for controller lockout function during charging if your controller is capable.
Or it can be used for a temperature sensor input if your charger has the option.
Or you can simply pull the yellow fuse holder apart and remove the fuse, and tie the grey wire out of the way, or cut it off if you don’t ever plan to use it.

As far as I know, the Club Car branded ERIC Charger does not have temp sensor capability.
But the Delta-Q IC650 (same platform as Eric but more fancy) does offer that capability if you have any interest in temperature compensation during charging.

There are plenty of other Smart chargers on the market that will work as well. It just depends how “techy” you want to get.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:42 PM   #16
cocoabill
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, great info I am pretty "techy" and really cant stand the old noisy Powerdrive 1 or 2. I may look the other chargers and see what I can do with the CAN bus info they are putting out.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:41 PM   #17
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Check out the Lester Summit II as well. That’s probably the top shelf for smart chargers right now. Bluetooth enabled with the charger connect app for your phone, and you can check stored charge data and change parameters in the charger quick and easy. No laptop or wires required to download data or change charge algorithms.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:00 PM   #18
william h
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Delta q recomends algorithm 3 for trojan 875’s now
william h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #19
jesseoshea
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Will the stock charging profile for the ERIC charger work with Crown 165 AH 8v batteries in my 48v club car? I do not have a PC to be able to use the Delta software to change the algorithm. Thank you! Which algorithm is used from the factory? It is a 2015 ERIC Charger IC0650-048-CC
jesseoshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:46 AM   #20
cocoabill
Not Yet Wild

Can't answer the one above but I was wondering if all CC Eric and Lester chargers are made by Delta-Q The 650 watt's all look about the same. The Lester 1050W doesn't look like it's part of the Delta-Q line.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car