lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2021, 06:04 PM   #391
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: OBC Bypassing

Thanks Volt_Ampere & Pat911, so I think I understand that since I'm switching to lithium I really have no need for the stock OBC and can safely remove it from the cart completely and just use the + & - of the pack to charge with my new charger. Of course I need to perform some of the steps mentioned earlier in this thread before I remove it - or the cart wont run at all. Do I have all that correct?
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2021, 04:08 PM   #392
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Correct. From memory, the white and the blue wires going to the OBC should be disconnected from it and connected together.

This prevents the OBC from “breaking” this connection to stop the cart.
Pat911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 09:27 AM   #393
ClubMinion
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Exclamation Re: OBC Bypassing

Thank you Sergio for the clear cut directions, much appreciated!

I bought a new smart charger for my 2008 IQ and so I had to bypass my OBC. I cut all wires coming from the OBC, unplugged the connector and removed all wires going to the OBC except for the white and blue. I then reconnected the plug and joined the blue and white wires together. I finally removed the entire OBC from the cart.

Before I did this, I had previously ONLY moved the black receptacle wire to the negative on battery pack. - My charger would never automatically turn off though?

But after I connected the blue and white wires and I also connected the grey wire to negative pack, now my charger actually shows yellow and green when done charging and shuts off automatically!!

Does anyone know if the grey wire I put to negative pack... or the white and blue wire I connected... resulted in the smart charger turning off automatically when done??

Had to be from one of those changes? Let me know!
ClubMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 07:36 PM   #394
GeeSnow
Not Yet Wild

Hi all. I've posted an issue I have easier today. It was before I found this thread. I have an 01 ds regen2. I have taken the 10AWG from charge port to OBC, cut it and landed the OBC end to pack negative. I also cut the blue amd white in the 6 pin connector and put them together. I also taped the other ends up for now. I do not have any errors on my Alltrax controller. I can see the throttle ramp up as I press the pedal using the Alltrax software. I hear the solenoid clicking. But the motor does nothing.

Before I did all of the bypass stuff, it worked fine. The cart had a bad jump but I learned that was because the batteries needed to be charged.After that, I learned I had to bypass the OBC to get my charger to work.

Is there some wiring I don't know about, or a setting, or something else that I need to do to make the motor run?

Please help. I am stuck here, amd don't know where to go from here. Thank you.
GeeSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 07:05 PM   #395
GeeSnow
Not Yet Wild

The solenoid wasn't closing. HPD Satisifed showed false on the controller so it couldn’t be able to ground the solenoid so that it can close.

In the toolkit software jumped over to the throttle settings tab. UNCHECKED box for High Pedal Disable. Now I'm hitting 25 MPH around the hood! Thanks again.
GeeSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 08:24 AM   #396
Miniobee
Not Yet Wild

Hi, so I have a 2010 club car villager and I'm trying to bypass the obc. I cut the plug at the obc and connected the white and light blue wire with a 10amp fuse. Looking at my hand help I am not getting any foot input now. Anyone have an idea how to fix that?
Miniobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 10:02 PM   #397
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniobee View Post
Hi, so I have a 2010 club car villager and I'm trying to bypass the obc. I cut the plug at the obc and connected the white and light blue wire with a 10amp fuse. Looking at my hand help I am not getting any foot input now. Anyone have an idea how to fix that?
Is the 10A fuse on the vehicle side of the "cut"? i.e.: not on the OBC side.
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 12:51 PM   #398
mtollin
Gone Wild

Please help a newbie. 2005 Club Car DS. AQ0549-xxxxxx

Completely new to electrical work, need to learn how as no shops anywhere near by. Friend gave me his Summitt II and want to use it. He bought a lithium. My pictures seem different than the directions posted. I don't know what the OBC looks like, but I see the solenoid to the left and Assume Controller under the black plastic cover. The black battery wire from the controller seems to be going to a terminal, then on to battery. Am I correct? if so I disconnect black battery wire going to controller and splice to black wire going to back of plug receptacle? Then tape off the unused end? So in the end, black controller wire goes to receptacle basically? I know I still need to connect white and blue.

I attached my pictures with some lame markup, sorry.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20220509_165747634.jpg (178.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20220509_171501494.jpg (121.4 KB, 0 views)
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:03 PM   #399
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtollin View Post
Please help a newbie. 2005 Club Car DS. AQ0549-xxxxxx

Completely new to electrical work, need to learn how as no shops anywhere near by. Friend gave me his Summitt II and want to use it. He bought a lithium. My pictures seem different than the directions posted. I don't know what the OBC looks like, but I see the solenoid to the left and Assume Controller under the black plastic cover. The black battery wire from the controller seems to be going to a terminal, then on to battery. Am I correct? if so I disconnect black battery wire going to controller and splice to black wire going to back of plug receptacle? Then tape off the unused end? So in the end, black controller wire goes to receptacle basically? I know I still need to connect white and blue.

I attached my pictures with some lame markup, sorry.

Thanks in advance.
The thing with the pink label is the OBC.

Are you planning to mount the Summit II onboard connect direct to the battery, or are you planning to sue the charging port?
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:17 PM   #400
mtollin
Gone Wild

Thanks! Finally figured that out on more searches, but wierd since it cosmetically looks like a flat piece of metal.

I want to use charge port. Ordering new round cable for summitt. Really confused on black battery wire, am I only using one end and if so, which end is taped and terminated, and which end (feed to where) of black to receptacle am I using, the wire to receptacle and tape/Terminate other end... Where ever it goes ..?
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car