lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
schlupp04
Not Yet Wild

Default lift-tire-wheel offset

Hey all, have a 91 marathon with a 6" lift. Want to run atv tires but they are differnt sizes front to back and want to know what off set i should be running on the rim. tire sizes are 25-8-12 front and 25-11-12 rear. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
schlupp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: lift-tire-wheel offset

It depends on the width of the wheels. On my club car, I have 22x11x10 tires and 3+4 offset for 7" wheels. The rear tires only have a minimum of space between the tire and the wheel well and occasionally rub slightly when turning. I would venture a guess that you'll have to use wheel spacers on the front tires to get the track in line with the rear tires. But I'm no expert by any means, but have spent some time searching tires and wheels in terms of what offsets are available. Maybe someone else will chime in with their knowledge on this subject. But we'll need to know your wheel width for sure.

Jason
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:06 AM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: lift-tire-wheel offset

I think that is pretty common for golf carts lifted. My wheels are 8", but offset is 3+5. Since stock is 3.5+3.5 they give .5 inside clearance and stick out 1.5 more. But the 8 wide wheel the 11 wide tires just stick out past the rim and the 7 wide wheels the tires stick out a little more on each side. Mine are 22x11-8 tires. I'd say a 2+5 would be nice on the rear not sure on the front it can mess with the steering. On the other hand mine are all the same tire so I can move them, but not sure that matters much. I wanted big tires for floatation on sand and snow, and they work well for that until you come to a hill.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts