lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2018, 04:25 AM   #1
Cushman Fixer
Not Yet Wild

Cushman

Default Advice moving forward

Hey y’all,
Just thought i would try for a little more advice moving forward with my cart.

It’s a 2003 Club Car Carryall Turf2. I felt good about the purchase after talking it over with y’all a few weeks back. It’s a great cart.

I’d now like to know what y’alls’ thoughts are on torque and power. I’m planning on rebuilding the steering, replacing the seat, replacing the 12V power limiter, dump bed lift cylinder, and so on.
The cart has a 300A Curtis Controller, and decent torque (new batteries and charger).
When i encounter significant load, it slows quite quickly, and holds a speed close to a joggers pace. That is when unloaded.
I’m sure that’s fairly normal.

My question..
What would i need to consider to transform the drivability
Since torque is my main concern, what could be done with the current motor to achieve a little more power (throttle response)
I’ve got some budget money for her now. I just need a grip on the setting she’s in now, versus where i could take her in her stock form, AND what some of y’all might do if she was in your shop.

Will probably do the lift, tires, and dress up a little...tires no larger than 22” I’m thinking.

Thanks again for your time

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cushman Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2018, 06:07 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Advice moving forward

Since it is a Series cart I would fit it with an Alltrax controller first and then go from there. You can go from an SR-300 all the way to a SR-600 based on your goals and needs. This will allow you to play around with your controller settings to fit it to your liking. After that, you can go up on the motor or other things. The Alltrax Tool Kit will allow you to limit the controller so do not limit yourself for future growth. Buy what you are anticipating for down the road and then de-tune it for now through the Tool Kit settings if that is the needed case
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:57 AM   #3
Cushman Fixer
Not Yet Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Since it is a Series cart I would fit it with an Alltrax controller first and then go from there. You can go from an SR-300 all the way to a SR-600 based on your goals and needs. This will allow you to play around with your controller settings to fit it to your liking. After that, you can go up on the motor or other things. The Alltrax Tool Kit will allow you to limit the controller so do not limit yourself for future growth. Buy what you are anticipating for down the road and then de-tune it for now through the Tool Kit settings if that is the needed case

Thanks NoleFan4Ever,
That’s great information. Sounds like that controller and software is pretty user friendly. I’m not techy, but i can handle that.
If i were to go ahead with the SR-600, are you suggesting that my current motor is the main impediment?
I’m not bleeding cash, but i don’t even know what the expectations would be. I only have my baseline to go off of. I’m sure that controller, tuned to the limits of my motor, would be a great improvement...is that correct?

I would like to have some budget for a traction device in the rear axle. I haven’t gotten that far in my research yet.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:06 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

In a Series cart a controller responds a little different then in a Sepex. But you will get improvement with torque through amperage, but more so in user tunability and control from the tool kit. An upgraded Series motor will add a lot to your cause, you just want to pick the right one for your needs. I am partial to the Plum Quick line as they are proudly built here in the good ole USA by Robby Steen and family and in my opinion the best motors money can buy - Here https://plumquick.com/custom-built-m...nake-club-car/ is one of several to look at and if you review their site their is a LOT of great information. An SR-600 will put out a lot of amperage so be sure to get all the corresponding ancillaries to support it. Solenoid, cables, FNR, etc. Take a look here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/c...-club-car-ds-i for more ideas. Call David Hicks if you have any questions. He is there to help you with your goals....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:17 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The most popular upgrade for this cart is the SR48500 controller. In a series cart the amperage to the motor goes through the all the cables and the F&R when the pedal is depressed. Upgrade the whole delivery system when putting in a higher flow controller. This includes the controller, solenoid,and a complete 2g cable set for the best results. A great little high torque series motor is the Admiral MOT-A1.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:23 AM   #6
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I personally prefer D&D motors. And definitely order a controller, HD FNR switch, and solenoid from Scotty. So there, three different motor opinions for you[emoji16]

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:56 AM   #7
Cushman Fixer
Not Yet Wild

Cushman

Awesome y’all. Thanks so much for the insight
Now I’m on my way to figure out which one I’m ready for

Many thanks again, love this site

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car