lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2017, 05:43 AM   #1
CornishJonnyboy
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 villager 6 - Dead slow!!

Hi everyone, this is the first time in the few months of being a member that I've needed to post a question. I am the maintenance deputy manager of a hotel and resort in the UK that has several club cars.

Club car in question is the DS villager 6 IQ plus 2006 (8 x 6v batteries)

History - about 4 months ago the cart was really struggling with power and after a few tests i narrowed it down to 2 really bad batteries. The other batteries were ok, not great, but i felt that if i replaced the 2 real bad ones it should sort the problem for a while. It did...until now.

So i re-tested the batteries - 2 real bad ones, 2 borderline bad and 2 which were actually in quite good condition. (obviously the 2 new ones were fine also).

So i bought 4 new batteries, please understand that our resort is up for sale so my bosses were very keen to get this issue sorted as cheap as possible, in an ideal world i would have bought 8 new batteries initially).
Still the cart moves at a very very slow pace and even slower uphill.

Can i just say that i took another speed controller off another cart and no joy. I tested the mcor and it was fine, ive even swapped the OBC from another cart and still no joy.

I changed the speed sensor for one off another cart and it had no effect, BUT when pushing with the f/r switch engaged it does'nt beep and doesn't offer any regen. braking...

I have performed a load test - the two oldest batteries started off at full charge of 6.2v, and drop to 6.02 under load - is this ok?? I'm starting to feel it's not...

The specific gravity for said batteries also check out in the 1.25 range.

Any of you clever people got any ideas??

My boss has just shelled out £500 on 4 new batteries, i would love to tell him it's sorted!

I personally think that the batteries should be fine and there's some other under lying issue??

Thanks in advance and can i just say that this forum is awesome!! x
CornishJonnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2017, 07:22 AM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 villager 6 - Dead slow!!

I'm not an expert but I think the four week batteries are pulling the others down. They are acting as a week link in the chain of power. If you have other carts you could change out those batteries with known good batteries from another cart. If that makes it work good, then that's your answer.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:04 AM   #3
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

"I changed the speed sensor for one off another cart and it had no effect, BUT when pushing with the f/r switch engaged it does'nt beep and doesn't offer any regen. braking..."

When you swapped speed sensor did you swap magnets? If I understand you right ( when you push the cart no beep & no resistance) then the speed sensor isn't working, if you know for sure the other speed sensor is good, I would check the magnet to make sure its not cracked, or somehow not getting read by the sensor.
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:09 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Check/replace the walk-away relay.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

This is more than likely the IQ PLUS system. There is a circuit breaker located next to the tow/run switch. Pull the wires off of the breaker and temporarily replace the breaker with a blade fuse of the same amp rating as the breaker. I believe it's 10 amps. If the breaker fails OPEN the cart will run in limp mode.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:31 AM   #6
CornishJonnyboy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all your replies guys...It turned out that the speed sensor was at fault...which is strange because i took the sensor off another cart that was working fine, it didn't work on the cart in question but worked when i put it back on the cart it came from?! Oh well, it works now so i'm happy! Thanks again
CornishJonnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car