lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2021, 04:47 PM   #1
JimESVA
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2011 Precedent Lithium and DC-AC Conversion

I have a 2011 Club Car Precedent. The motor is original and has a bearing that is squealing. My batteries are 3 1/2 years old, and since we use it daily for transportation, their charge definitely doesn't hold as long as they used to.

After doing a LOT of research, my current plan is to replace my Trojan lead acid batteries with a RoyPow 105. Since I have to replace the motor, I'm planning to do a DC-AC conversion with a Navitas 5KW DC-AC conversion kit. Any feedback or advice you have would be greatly appreciated!
JimESVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2021, 05:25 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2011 Precedent Lithium and DC-AC Conversion

Unless you’re trying to convince your wife otherwise, you don’t “have” to replace the motor. You can just replace the bearing, they’re about 10 bucks.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 11:36 AM   #3
Nutshell
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimESVA View Post
I have a 2011 Club Car Precedent. The motor is original and has a bearing that is squealing. My batteries are 3 1/2 years old, and since we use it daily for transportation, their charge definitely doesn't hold as long as they used to.

After doing a LOT of research, my current plan is to replace my Trojan lead acid batteries with a RoyPow 105. Since I have to replace the motor, I'm planning to do a DC-AC conversion with a Navitas 5KW DC-AC conversion kit. Any feedback or advice you have would be greatly appreciated!
I've done that exact conversion to my 2016 CC. I love it. All the power I need and plenty of battery life.
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 12:17 AM   #4
Nicko773
Not Yet Wild

I have the Navitas 5K. I love it, but it will definitely be better with the lithium setup. It likes the juice if your jamming full throttle alot. I'm going lithium in a month or so. Not sure which one yet. Good luck.
Nicko773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 11:43 AM   #5
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

Nicko773 did you go lithium in your precedent? if you did did you remove the OBC? and what AC conversion did you do overall? ( motor , controller etc) I have a 06 precedent completely new from rubber up except motor and controller. I am installing drop ins this weekend and a LiPro battery for my aux stuff.. any advise would be appreciated.
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dc-ac, lithium battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car