lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #11
Derek Pulcini
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G1 Clutch problem?

if its not the head gasket and it is just the fuel pump i will fix it but reguarless i would like another cart (cant have too many toys) haha but im on a cheap budget. The guy i get my parts from has tons of g1 g2 and g9 parts carts if i could find one of them with a good drive train would this engine fit in one and match up with the clutch or would mods be needed http://www.harborfreight.com/engines...nia-69730.html i know its not a v twin or anything but the carts are for in a campground i just want something semi quiet and practical. i could probably find another old running golf cart for around 600 or so but i figure buying a non running cart and putting a new motor with a warranty will give me less problems in the long run.
Derek Pulcini is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2012, 01:05 AM   #12
Derek Pulcini
Not Yet Wild

https://ombwarehouse.com/Belt-Drive-...lutch-3-4.html
or might this work
Old 10-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

That is a 6.5hp engine and a belt drive minibike clutch. Not sure how you would get it to work, there is a guy on here with a 6.5 in an electric cart with a tav2 torque converter. If you don't have the clutches you severely limit speed and power. Stock carts are about 9.5hp. You can likely use a gokart fuel pump on the G1 if they are cheaper than the rebuild kit, or a pump from your parts friend. A bored jug and piston for the G1 is not that expensive, it makes it a new engine long as the crank is good. You need a 4 stroke rear end if you want reverse because the G1 does not have reverse gears, if you put in a 4 cycle engine. Most put in 13-16hp clones (390-420cc), in 4 stroke carts. The G1 either they swap the rear or put a 250 yamaha sled engine in you can convert to the G1 ignition and still have reverse.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #14
Derek Pulcini
Not Yet Wild

i actually ordered a fuel pump off ebay for the g1 im going to throw that on this weekend. I decided im going to fix the g1 and keep it the way it is but i am interested in building one as a winter project. I talked to a co worker today who has an older ezgo he said hed give me and the motor is already gone. i saw some videos on youtube of people doing these rebuilds and it looks like they put a sprocket on the rear differetial drive shaft and then they put a chain driven clutch on the shaft of the motor. It seemed like it worked for them my only concern is if the ezgo is the one that i think it is the shaft that comes out of the rear differntial come straight out of it in the center instead of off to the side like my g1 and other yamahas. As for reverse it would be great to have if possible but if not i wouldnt be too concerned ill mainly use the g1 but i figured throwing one of these 100 dollar engines in a free golf cart is the cheapest way to get a semi reliable golf cart to use as a spair t may not be the easiest though haha but it will give me something to do over the winter as you can probably tell im not too mechanically inclined but with yalls help and trial and error im learning. For the build though if i decide to do it my friend is pretty mechanically inclined and hell be assisting me haha.

Tags
g1 clutch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha