lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
03Villager
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2003 Club Car With Origional Batteries Questions

I bought this cart in 2008. It is pretty much a "cream puff". It was only driven around the lot at Warner Bros Studios by a producer. I got it for $1500. I used it around the hood cruising and then it got parked without the charger on. It sat for at least 18 months. I plugged it in a couple of times and the charger wouldn't kick in. Last week I started goggling and found you guys. I did some searches and learned a few things and got a charge on it after topping of the batteries. It took 2 1/2 gals of distilled water........ I followed some more instructions on here and have been running it down some and letting it charge all the way up. I have done this 4 times. Today I took it out and put 7.5 miles on it around my neighborhood. Fairly hilly terrain. When I started the pack measured 48+ Volts. I ran it up my hill with the meter on and it dropped to 40 and when I got some speed it leveled off going up the hill 42-44V. My gps top speed was 20.2mph and avg 12.9mph. I measured the pack when I got home and it read 47 volts. All the batteries were around 7.7V + or -. I am pretty amazed at these batteries! I got a hydrometer at pep boy but it's a cheapo and many on here have scoffed these. I went to sears to get one but no luck. I guess I will have to get it off the net. What do you guys think of these batteries with the info I have now?
03Villager is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 Club Car With Origional Batteries Questions

with just the #,s you posted i would replace the batteries...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
03Villager
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
with just the #,s you posted i would replace the batteries...........................
Thanks for the response!

That's what I figured. When I started I was just going to get rid of the cart. Then after coming on here all of a sudden I want to throw in a motor upgrade with all the necessary accessories, tires, rims, disc brakes and maybe a lift kit. I figure if I have to get new batteries and may as well think about 8 6V or 6 12V I am a old retired geezer and thought I could use it to run errands around town. I got a call into Plum Quick. I would like to get up to around 35 mph or 40 mph.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Villager View Post
Thanks for the response!

That's what I figured. When I started I was just going to get rid of the cart. Then after coming on here all of a sudden I want to throw in a motor upgrade with all the necessary accessories, tires, rims, disc brakes and maybe a lift kit. I figure if I have to get new batteries and may as well think about 8 6V or 6 12V I am a old retired geezer and thought I could use it to run errands around town. I got a call into Plum Quick. I would like to get up to around 35 mph or 40 mph.
......good luck, its an addiction and its sucks your money and time right out of you and your smiling as it does......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
03Villager
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
......good luck, its an addiction and its sucks your money and time right out of you and your smiling as it does......................
Yeah I don't know what I'm thinkin'. I got a 59 Chevy Brookwood wagon in the garage I have to finish before I even have any room to start another project! That being said it gives me some time to research everything I want to do to the cart!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car