lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up 04 PDS AC conversion

I took my 04 PDS cart and converted it to a 48 volt AC system. I did it last week while at the beach sick and still don't think it was worth it but it's done and it's going to stay this way for the rest of it's life I guess.
I started out by taking the PQ PDS motor out that they did for me back this spring. The system I bought is a plug and ride so it wasn't that hard to do just time consuming. I also bought the speed-o that gives MPH, distance traveled, motor temps.
For a stock PDS cart it gets close to 35 MPH with nothing else done to it but in mine with the bigger tires it only getting 28 MPH because we had to change the torque setting on the controller to compensate for the big wheels. I drove it with 4 adults on it and it ran 28 MPH on flat road at the beach total of 13 miles but some of that was just slow cruising looking at houses. The motor never got hot but it sure did drain the batteries. I had to put it on the charger when we got back to the house but that also was because I didn't charge the pack up before trying it out and the batteries had sat for over 3 weeks in the cart without charging since the last time we were at the beach. I was hoping for a little more speed but I guess this will do. It has the golf setting also that will double the battery charge but max speed is set @ 16MPH.
Here are some pictures.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

Default Re: 04 PDS AC conversion

Congrats Andy! Hopefully after a full charge - the speeds will improve!
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: 04 PDS AC conversion

I like the fact there is no brushes in the motor. The motor never even got warm after riding it that day. I had 4 of us on it the total time which I would say close to 800 lbs altogether. They were some health people.

I rode it for a little while by myself and hit 32MPH. I was only there for 2 days so I didn't get everything adjusted as needed, like the disc brakes. They stop it but they are sloppy right now. I need to adjust them when I go back for sure. Another thing was it was very windy that day also and with the winsheild up it was like putting the brakes on.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Where did the controller get mounted?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #5
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: 04 PDS AC conversion

I used 4" bolts and 3 nylon spacers and it's mounted on the flat passenger side panel where the orignal controller mounts. I took all of the orignal stuff out. The controller has a built in heat sink on it. The link is the company I bought the conversion from.

http://www.vctechusa.com/
Old 11-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #6
shotzy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Nice setup

If you dont mind how much did it cost you?
shotzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Cool Re: 04 PDS AC conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotzy View Post
Nice setup

If you dont mind how much did it cost you?
Retail is $1800.00
Old 11-25-2011, 08:05 AM   #8
shotzy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Wow that is a great price. Were you able to order direct from the company? If I remember correctly they dont offer a system for older models like mine. I kinda wish they did though.

What does the dash look like? Did they use all your stock stuff or do they have a custom dash setup?

Good luck with it I hope you get better results with a full charge
shotzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #9
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Cool Re: 04 PDS AC conversion

Dealer price is lower than the retail.

Yes they only make them for the IQ club car and PDS E-Z-GO carts and they only have 48 volt systems.
The system only changes the controller and motor everything else is just as it was. I did add the speedo but haven't mounted it yet. Going to do that next week I hope if I get back down there.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #10
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: 04 PDS AC conversion

Been here at the beach playing with the 04 AC system. Got 24 miles out of it today averaged 28 MPH. That's 4-6 mile runs. Motor got a little warm but nothing to worry about. I think the 2010 48 volt batteries will do better once I run them a few times. It was 56 degree's outside temp and I had the windsheild up. It was pushing a lot of air.
By the way there is a way around the PDS stuff.
I can put this system in any E-Z-GO that has a ITS system in it.
I have part #'s for everything you need.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!