lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #21
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: 79 Harley Gas Cart Fuel Delivery

hey tew send me one of them there papers! ill snd you a mesage thingy with contact info! ohhh what sre points? they sond like they will hurt if you touch them!(just joking yall i know what point are and what they do!) but seriuosly tew could you please send me this info, might be easier the reading 2 pages out of the harley manual!
brake it down barney style is alot easier then reading 3 pages 3 times and sayin turn engine to this point set screw and cram her down!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2011, 09:17 PM   #22
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

It has been sent in my redneck lingo!
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #23
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tew45 View Post
It has been sent in my redneck lingo!
thank tew!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #24
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I hope that works so let me know! The paper needs lots of editing which I will do this winter.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #25
Ultra Lady
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

Since the carb casting is broken under the fuel inlet, and there appears to be internal pieces missing and just generally poor condition, I will have a new carb this week, come heck or high water! Took the muffler off and let it bake on the campfire coals all day yesterday. SMOKED .... but I think it's cleaned out now really well. I'll wire brush it down and clean up with some high heat paint. I'm hoping that was a good part of the high compression reading we got. We'll check compression again when it's back together.

A metal fab friend of my son's came by tonight and he's fabbing new floor panels for it for me. Drivers side was pretty rotted around the pedals, so he's just doing a new pair of them for me out of 1/8" aluminum sheet. Told him to keep those patterns for possible future needs. While they're off, going over the rods and linkage pieces to clean them up and paint them, lubricate cables and probably replace the ignition switch as it's pretty sticky. The pedals could use some sprucing up too. May as well while everything is uncovered!

He's also going to work up a pattern for an aluminum fuel cell for it. I have the original plastic tank still in it, but told him of the lack of replacements out there for this plastic rear tank.

Does anyone think there's a market for a replacement aluminum fuel cell for these things? We're going to set them up with easily found grommets and fittings for the vent and 90 degree line fitting. I'm thinking I'll have him mock this up with the fuel fitting mounted on an access plate that will screw to the top of the cell to make it easier to clean the strainer and replace the pick up line if needed since I think the original design stinks. He's making the prototype cell for me with new hold down straps, etc as well.

Any thoughts?

Have a target of 2 weeks to get the fuel issues done and the floor back in so I can take it camping to mud runs for a trial weekend with it. Wish me luck!
Ultra Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #26
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

You seem to have the job worked out very well. The aluminum tank sounds great and is needed. A few of us could be able to afford one. I will have to do with a jury rig when mine plays out. I am on my second one now. The market would be good but very limited. I hope you get it running well by the time you need it. Be sure to let us know. I have been working on the HD notes paper and the file is getting so large I will have to e-mail it in two parts but it is covering some areas that were requested and some more that I left out because of file size.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #27
Ultra Lady
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

I think we'll get this fuel cell in a price range comparable to the replacement plastic tank when you can find one. Advantage would be this one's longevity, and a little better design for servicing.

Carb should be here this week and I have a friend who does motorcycle dyno tuning (no, cart won't fit the dyno ) who is going to tweak it and set the timing when I get the fuel system back together. She should be loaded for bear at that point!

Will let you know!
Old 10-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #28
Ultra Lady
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

Was thinking too that he could mock up a replacement cell for the original metal tanks too ..... have to get one to use as a pattern tho, or get VERY good dimensions on it. Can you help with that???
Old 10-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #29
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

hey ultra i can get you pictures and measurements of the tank from mine if you need them. i cant draw, buti can take picture as refrence, and give you measurements. after all mine wont start for some reason, i cant get it time to save my life! i have to bring home a multimeter/ with a beeping diode tester, and roach clips to verify when they just barley open, and figure how to make a tdc tool for a low compression head. then submit changes on line to tew to add if he would like.
i just wish i could find a video on here or you tube to show how to set timing. much easier thyen reading understanding reading getting lost in 3 peices of paper and then finding out you screwed up!

harleys....royal pain in my butt!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:57 AM   #30
Ultra Lady
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

I have the plastic tank in mine as a pattern for the first style cell, then my son dragged home a 1973 cart carcass tonight. It has a good steel tank in it, and some misc parts and looks like maybe the engine that are either good enough to keep or slightly better than mine that I'm going to swap out. So I can use that tank to dimension that replacement cell, and sell the parts worth having that I don't need.

Once I get the new carb on this one, I'm taking it to the bike tuner guy to time for me. If it helps, I can video that for you? Maybe help other people out too.

Tags
harley fuel issues, harley gas delivery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson