lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
dodgetk81
Not Yet Wild

Default Fuel pump issue?

I have a 93 2 stroke marathon that is not getting fuel. I posted earlier in the week I thought I had a clutch problem. It turns out to be fuel related. It starts on starting fluid and moves. I changed the fuel filter, and the new one is not filling up with fuel. I found from searching that it could be a vacuum hose? Where is the pump mounted on a 93 3pg? Its getting dark and I cant see underneath at the moment. Is it engine mounted? Easy to change the pump if needed?
Thanks
dodgetk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fuel pump issue?

The fuel pumps are mounted off the motor and use vacuum to draw fuel to the carb. It has 1 vacuum line, fuel in and fuel out. Very easy to change.Sometimes the draw tube in the tank will plug. vacuum lines leak air. the fuel pump will go bad.
Low cylinder compression will affect the vacuum, also. Trash in the carb is usually the problem. Oh, the fuel filters don't normally "fill up".
Hope this helps. Tony
Be sure the fuel tank vent cap is clear. A plugged vent cap will prevent flow from the fuel tank.

Last edited by tonyton; 07-17-2009 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: Mention fuel cap vent
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Fuel pump issue?

Dodg see a sticky in the yamaha area about fuel systema and pumps. I am dooms man and you can pm me if I can help.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO