lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
Role
Gone Wild

Question TSX Navitas V1 on Club Car Precedent - Constant Reverse Buzzer Sound Troubleshooting

Hey Gang,

Have 2014 Club Car Precedent and bought a few of the TSX V 1.0 Navitas Controllers.

After installing the controller and flipping the run/tow to RUN. Immediately the REVERSE buzzer comes on. It is constant, even though the car is in NEUTRAL with the key off.

After trying it the first time .. I contacted Todd from Navitas earlier and switched pin 5 from J2 to pin 9 at J2 to see if it was OBC failure due to my given instructions from the Navitas team, but clearly that's not the issue and I'm still getting this constant reverse buzzer sound regardless of FNR direction with or without key on.

When I turn on the key, it becomes a little muffled and more constant sounding. Has anyone ever run into this? Not working.

I contacted Todd from Navitas, but Tech Staff is out of the office already.
Wanted to see if I could fix it prior to next week.

Any feedback or help is appreciated.

P.S. Photos attached, yes I am aware the controller housing is spray painted and no I did not spray paint it. Bought it that way. Why its spray painted? Haven't a clue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0750.HEIC.jpeg (208.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0751.HEIC.jpeg (205.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0752.HEIC.jpeg (130.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0753.HEIC.jpeg (180.7 KB, 0 views)
Role is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2018, 05:37 PM   #2
Role
Gone Wild

Default Re: TSX Navitas V1 on Club Car Precedent - Constant Reverse Buzzer Sound Troubleshoot

Here is a short 15 second video of what it's doing... https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0qGqQrCL0F9u7
Old 01-12-2018, 11:57 PM   #3
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: TSX Navitas V1 on Club Car Precedent - Constant Reverse Buzzer Sound Troubleshoot

Did Your 2014 have an OBC IN IT? Unlikely but just making sure. Also, I’m assuming the controller is wired correctly. You obviously have live voltage going to the reverse buzzer at all times which usually means something is hooked up wrong on the controller end of the wiring. Make sure no one wired anything incorrectly under the dash prior to you owning the cart.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:12 PM   #4
Role
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post
Did Your 2014 have an OBC IN IT? Unlikely but just making sure. Also, I’m assuming the controller is wired correctly. You obviously have live voltage going to the reverse buzzer at all times which usually means something is hooked up wrong on the controller end of the wiring. Make sure no one wired anything incorrectly under the dash prior to you owning the cart.
It's a "precedent" model - so it has an OBC. I'm not aware of any "precedent models from (2006-2014+) that are 48volt (minus the year models with the controller and solenoid center of the battery bank with 4-12 volt setup) that don't have an OBC.
They always have had 48v(-) running through the silver plated wall (obc) with the controller and solenoid behind it.
All the wiring is hooked up correctly.

If I were to take this controller off and put the factory Curtis controller back in it - it would run just fine.
I have 4 of these Navitas TSX 1.0 controllers and I've tried two of them. So far - same result with the buzzer problem occurring.

I'm going to assume that something off of the J2 pin connector will need to be arranged in order to fix the issue. So I'm going to have to wait for Navitas tech team to call me this week.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:48 PM   #5
Role
Gone Wild

Any suggestions? Still have not heard from Navitas Technicians yet.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:03 PM   #6
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
It's a "precedent" model - so it has an OBC. I'm not aware of any "precedent models from (2006-2014+) that are 48volt (minus the year models with the controller and solenoid center of the battery bank with 4-12 volt setup) that don't have an OBC.
They always have had 48v(-) running through the silver plated wall (obc) with the controller and solenoid behind it.
All the wiring is hooked up correctly.

If I were to take this controller off and put the factory Curtis controller back in it - it would run just fine.
I have 4 of these Navitas TSX 1.0 controllers and I've tried two of them. So far - same result with the buzzer problem occurring.

I'm going to assume that something off of the J2 pin connector will need to be arranged in order to fix the issue. So I'm going to have to wait for Navitas tech team to call me this week.
Starting in 2014 they switched to the ERIC Charger and got rid of the OBC.
I would explore the 12 pin connector and make sure you are not supposed to disconnect one of those wires for the TSX controller. I’ve never messed with the TSX controllers. But I would guess there is an issue with the adaptation between the 12pin and the stock cart.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:20 PM   #7
Role
Gone Wild

Quote:
Starting in 2014 they switched to the ERIC Charger and got rid of the OBC.
I would explore the 12 pin connector and make sure you are not supposed to disconnect one of those wires for the TSX controller. I’ve never messed with the TSX controllers. But I would guess there is an issue with the adaptation between the 12pin and the stock cart.
I bypassed the OBC - so that should have corrected it, right?
Old 01-16-2018, 09:13 PM   #8
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I bypassed the OBC - so that should have corrected it, right?
In theory yes, but for some reason you’ve got live voltage to the buzzer coming from the controller into the stock harness leading to there is a thread below with wiring diagrams you can trace back to see which pin coming from your controller harness might be sending that signal....
Old 01-18-2018, 05:42 PM   #9
Role
Gone Wild

Quote:
In theory yes, but for some reason you’ve got live voltage to the buzzer coming from the controller into the stock harness leading to there is a thread below with wiring diagrams you can trace back to see which pin coming from your controller harness might be sending that signal....
Can you send me the thread link
Old 01-18-2018, 10:06 PM   #10
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Can you send me the thread link
It’s pinned at the top friend. They took the diagrams and put it in the pinned thread above.

Tags
controller, navitas, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car