lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2017, 01:51 PM   #1
anmotley
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 Precedent stopped middle of riding

I have an electric 2007 club car precedent. Had it a month or so. Has 4x 12v batteries. 3 are 2013 and 1 is 2016. It has been driving just fine almost daily or every other day. this is the first issue I've had with it.

I rode a mile total on full charge. Batteries have been watered in past week or so. Cart was charged all night with automatic smart charger. I didn't go unusually far, and it is not unusually warm outside. around 89 degrees.

Upon going slightly uphill towards my neighborhood it lost power completely. The battery indicator says 6/10 bars or so the entire time after the cart lost power.

When I hit the "gas" pedal to drive I hear a click but nothing happens. It does not drive in reverse either.
anmotley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2017, 01:58 PM   #2
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Re: 07 Precedent stopped middle of riding

Sounds like a battery issue...have you load tested your batteries? What is your pack voltage right now?
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:54 PM   #3
anmotley
Not Yet Wild

Not sure how to check entire set. each battery says 12.45, 12.41, 12.45, and 12.7 checked with cheap harbor freight multimeter.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:34 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Harbor freight muti meter could be off by 1 volt or more. But lets says it close for now.

Id check battery connections, motor connections and controller connections due to the way it failed.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:35 PM   #5
anmotley
Not Yet Wild

Update:

headlights turn on when I pull the knob. The horn works as well. when switch for reverse is in reverse I can hear the buzzer indicating it's in reverse.

when the key is turned on and pedal is pressed I hear the solenoid click whether forward or reverse is switched on.

Any other ideas?
Old 05-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #6
anmotley
Not Yet Wild

I'll go do all connections and stuff like you suggested now.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:42 PM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Lights are on there own circuit, so that's a non issue.

Motor, controller, battery cable connections need checked.

If someone had a scan tool, you would know for sure what the issue is
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 02:08 PM   #8
anmotley
Not Yet Wild

Got diagnostic done with scanner thing and they said motor is burnt up. That would be 900 to get new motor and install. Then call me a day later and say the controller needs to be replaced because highspeed code ruined it or some crap. so i.would be 1900 to replace both. Then 1700, and when I said no ill just fix it myself they said 1500 because they know a guy that can rebuild a controller.

What about this sounds correct? buddy at work that tinkers with golf carts said to have someone "rewind" the motor and replace the brushes. is that a viable option??
Old 05-30-2017, 02:44 PM   #9
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

anmotley,
I can't tell you what is wrong with your car from here, but I think the prices you are getting are pretty high. And I don't like that they first said it was the motor, and then it was the motor and the controller. I say bring it home ASAP and take some time to decide what you want to do.

Are you handy with the wrenches? Will your friend help you?

I bought a new motor, controller, high amp solenoid and 2 gauge cables for my 2013 Precedent for around $1,300, and my car now goes 27 MPH.

I suggest going to these two sights and reading all you can about upgrades and decide if you just want to repair or upgrade it.

http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com

http://www.cartsunlimited.net

Both of these guys can help you decide a path for repair or upgrade, however Dave at Revolution is on vacation this week.

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 02:46 PM   #10
twilliams81
Gone Wild

As long as your armature isn't toast you can send it off to Plum Quick and have them rebuild it for under $500 and get an upgrade out of it as well. Not sure what tests they did to come to that conclusion but still sounds like a high estimate even if your motor is gone.
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, precedent, troubleshoot
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car