lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2017, 08:44 PM   #1
ta69man
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1510 Controller Burned - Upgrade or just replace?

Hi Guys/Gals,

So I'm new to the forum and to golf carts in general. I just picked up a 2006 CC Precedent in great shape but the original 1510a-5250 controller burned inside. It probably has an interesting story to go behind it but I couldn't get it out of the seller. I did find the brakes were dragging badly so maybe it constantly ran hot?? No matter. I happen to have two big power supplies around and checked the motor out and that runs seemingly ok (during my quick wheels in the air test).

I bought the cart just for around the neighborhood. It's south GA so pretty flat. I want to do a motor magnet upgrade to get 18mph+ but that's about tops. I'm toting little kids so don't want big speed yet...

Question is: should I just go for a replacement controller or upgrade since I have to buy anyway. Searching shows a 350A Curtis that fits the same space but I'm not sure if this is really programmed the same and is a direct fit etc...

I want to spend as little as possible and really just wanted to find a used replacement controller (maybe on here??) but I wanted some "seasoned" advice. I'm used to modding things and understand electrics so could rewire if there is a cheap upgrade out there but again I'm not looking to be the baddest cart... just 18 to 20 mph with two adults and two kids on board.

Thanks!!
ta69man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2017, 09:04 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 1510 Controller Burned - Upgrade or just replace?

I have the Curtis 350 and am very pleased with it. Just install like the stock one plug and play.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:31 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Might want to check this other guy's wiring very closely. You don't want to install another controller and ruin it the minute you put it in.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 04:20 PM   #4
ta69man
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I've looked over the connections and everything looks totally stock to me. I don't see a good reason for the controller burn but the fet's didn't like something!

How many people are doing 20mph on the stock controller with no issues?
ta69man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1510a-5250, upgrade
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car