lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
Ultra Lady
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

Default 79 Harley Gas Cart Fuel Delivery

I have a recently acquired 79 Gas "D" model Harley cart. The cart started and idled great, put in reverse and it rev'd up great and rolled backwards smoothly, let the engine stop, shifted to forward, engine started but would not rev up to engage the drive belt.

Looking thru the parts and service manuals, I can't find a good illustration of the throttle cable attachment to the accelerator lever. When the accelerator pedal is pushed, the cable slides thru the upper hole on the lever it's attached to, and back to the stop as the pedal is released. My thoughts are that there is a missing part at the lever so that the cable can push it as well as pull it? I saw a post mentioning looping the cable thru the hole and back on itself to secure it rather than using a cable clamp?

Also, when I first started the cart, the new inline fuel filter filled quickly so I know fuel was flowing even at idle, but now, even tho the engine starts and idles, I don't see any fuel flowing into the filter. I wonder if it might have blown a crankcase seal or carb gasket when it developed enough compression to move that one time?

I see recommendations to check compression first, which we'll do. What other steps should we take if we find good compression?

Thanks.
Ultra Lady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harley fuel issues, harley gas delivery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson