lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2019, 10:33 PM   #1
Lainiest
Not Yet Wild

Default No power, yet the batteries are fully charged

I put new batteries in my cart and charged the cart. They are Lithium. They are showing a charge of 58 volts. The cart ran great for a few miles. Put it away over night. Got in it and it ran fine for 1/4 mile. Got back in the cart and it stopped after 100 yards. Tightened the connections, checked the battery wiring and put it back on the charger. It ran another 200 yards and stopped. I do not hear any clicking. I have no headlights or reverse buzzer operating now. It will not move.
Before the new batteries it ran okay, just was slower and batteries were discharging in a day with less than 2 miles of travel.

I looked for crimped wires, bad fuses, loose wires etc. I see nothing.

This is a 2013 Precedent.

A friend believes the solenoid is bad. She is banging on the part of the electrical receptacle inside the battery box.
She says that is the solenoid.

I think she is just banging on the power receptacle. I am not too familiar with golf cart repairs, but I have only seen solenoids that are independent of the electric receptacle. Is the solenoid behind the panel at the back of the battery box?

I am not a fan on banging on things to get them to run.
Batteries are perfect. Voltage checks out on all of them and each of them. No obvious wiring issues and all fuses look fine.

I get no reverse buzzer. My parking brake works. No headlights. No clicking sounds when the GO pedal is pushed or released.

Should I swap out the solenoid or the micro switch near the FNR rocker?

It's confusing because it worked great. Stopped. Worked great and stopped dead again.
All advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Lain
Lainiest is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car