lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
EVLLS1
Gone Wild

Default few new things... been slow lately

people are holding onto their $ more now it seems..

but here's a few recent projects

first a softball pitcher's helmet.. blue crystal effect underneath blue/emerald spectra f/x (a color shifting coat that's only present in the shade)

computer case sides:

EVLLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Default Re: few new things... been slow lately

EVLLS1, nice looking work.

Do you get many people that say "something is wrong with the paint" when you do marbleized finishes? We painted one of my cars BMW blue (Maritius blue) with yellow racing stripes, and did platinum pearl marbelized over the yellow stripe, and every once in a while I'd get someone asking "is there something wrong with that" until you explain the marble effect to them.

Do you use plastic wrap/baggies for yours, or ?

I haven't done one in a while, but was thinking about doing it when I paint one of my carts. I just wish I was good with an airbrush so I could do something really trick.
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:02 PM   #3
EVLLS1
Gone Wild

thanks!

nah we haven't had too many marble effect request actually. the softball helmet's actually a liquid mask. you pour it over the surface, let it dry and it crystallizes. you spray the 2nd coat and wipe off. the crystals break off and leaves the paint looking like crystals.

you can also shoot a basecoat, shoot an intercoat clear... let that dry... scuff up the intercoat clear and pour/shoot the crystal effect over it... the crystals will try to follow the scuff marks.

the slower it drys the bigger the crystals are, the faster the tighter they become

i used a dark blue, white top coat, then kandied over in blue so the crystals aren't too prominent.

but with marbleizing i like using bubble wrap with large bubbles best.

have ya'll been busy lately? it's almost at a standstill right now as far as painting is with us. seems like everyone's holding onto their money
Old 09-28-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

I'm just a hobbyist painter. I used to help a guy rebuild salvage vehicles and resell them when I was in my teens and early 20's, and just occasionally paint my own projects and a few here and there for friends, etc.. Rarely any custom work for anyone but myself, since I'm afraid to foul up anyone elses stuff. LOL

I use a makeshift booth when I do mine. I usually use one of my 12x20 carport canopies, venting at the top and usually leaving one end open a little or putting a blower in to draw the fumes out. Just wet everything down on the floor, and dampen the walls to cut the dust, and away we go.

I might try the bubble wrap next time I do one.

I would love to learn airbrushing, especially for doing ghost flames, skulls, eyeballs, etc.. All the stuff that people seem to want for custom work, and maybe I'd actually make it a business venture. I've had an airbrush for years, just never took the time to learn how to use it.

I have a buddy that owns a paint and body shop, and they too are pretty dead right now. The economy is crap right now, so custom work is slim, and even regular sprays seem few and far between.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
EVLLS1
Gone Wild

yeah same here. i've always wanted to do custom painting just didn't have the equipment and i was afraid of messing up on people's things too lol... but 2 yrs ago my buddy was like we can do this... so i got all we needed and put it to it basically.

i've drawn, painted, sculpted for all my life and the airbrush i absolutely love! to me it's easier than brush painting by far. i love drawing in black and white only really... but it's nice to have a change in media so colors can really be shown and brought to life.

i'm a moderator at airbrushtricks.com if u want to check us out. free tutorials, free everything.... tricks of the pros... no paying $50 for a dvd like some places want lol

we're growing fast too
Old 09-28-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Cool, I'll check out the site. I'm always interested in learning new things, especially fun things that I'll hopefully use.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #7
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Nice work!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint