lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #11
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 paint project

OK computer clig the silver just popped up NICE JOB!!!!
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
jcf32000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

phew lol ...I had to double check, thought maybe i uploaded the same photos twice. Thanks. I started prepping the roof while i was waiting for the rear of the body to dry enough to move it. I'm gona do the top a satin black. any opinions on roof frame finish ?? idk if i should do satin black or a gloss ...ideas welcome lol
jcf32000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #13
mlj427
Gone Wild

Quick question how many cans of color did it take to get good coverage.
Thanks
Mike
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #14
jcf32000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I used about 1/2 to 3/4 of a can of adhesion promoter on the front cowl, (2 coats) and used just over 1 can of the hammered silver. ( 4-5 light coats) On the back i used a full can of the AP and 2 cans of the hammered silver (4-5 coats) Its very important to do the multiple light coats !! I got a little impatient in one spot and tried to put a heavier coat on and where it overlapped there was a HUGE difference. I made sure to not go over that spot heavy after and was able to even the coverage out. Dont let the light coats get you nervous! I really didn't start getting full coverage throughout until the 3rd coat but the next one or two came together very well. I would also imagine the color your painting it will affect how many coats u need to cover. just keep going till you're happy with it. But stick with the multiple light coats!!! Gd luck!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #15
Meat Man
Getting Wild

Club Car

What brand of Adhesion Promoter did you use and where did you get it ?
Your paint job sure looks good ! Have you thought about a top coat of the Krylon Fusion Clear ? I would think it would give you a glossy finish . Maybe try it on part of the inside of the body somewhere , that way if you don't like how it looks , nobody will see it ? Just a thought . Wife has mentioned painting her cart and at first I did not want to open up that can of worms , so to speak , but after seeing what you've done , I'm seriously considering painting it like you have done . I would think it's a good bit of work getting the body off but no doubt it is worth the effort .
Meat Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #16
jcf32000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks a lot! I'm very happy with it, came out much better then I thought it would. I used a AP from advanced auto. I wana say Dupont ...but I don't think that's it. Ill look at the can tomorrow or Saturday when I go back to my friends shop. I was thinking about clear but its got a decent gloss to it and its a summer camp cart that will get beat up a little with rock chips and such. I figured if I don't clear it I can touch up easily. And idk what kind of cart your wife has but my body came off very easy! The back section only had two Allen bolts n 4 bolts the seat brackets attached with. Take the roof framework off (4 bolts ) n that's it.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #17
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Nice job.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #18
jcf32000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Meat man, the adhesion promoter is "Dupli color " got it at advanced auto.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #19
Meat Man
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thank you JCF 32000!
Meat Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #20
jcf32000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Started the top today. it came out ok, but i didn't use a finer sand paper before paint. Because the surface is kind of textured I didn't think I needed to, but I can see the scratches from the heavier grit after painting it. It's not bad and its the roof that noone is really going to see so Im leaving it as is. I'm going to sand down the underside of the roof good so that finish is smooth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg top1.jpg (65.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg top2.jpg (60.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg top3.jpg (90.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg top4.jpg (98.7 KB, 9 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint