lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #41
freddmc
Gone Wild

Default Re: How do I get a "Super" Paint Job

DISASTER HAS STRUCK
Well, almost.
I was buffing the cowl and let the pad get a little dry. Whoops,it burned through.
Then I caught the edge of the cowl on the buffing pad and off it flew. The flight was smooth but the landing scratched and gouged the finish so that settled it. Sand it all down, re-paint and re-clear. Only this time I eliminated the dust problem. So now its all done and tomorrow I can put the cowl on the cart. The back is already on and it looks awsome. I don't think I will have to buff any of the finish but if I do I will do it ON THE CART. That way it will stay put.

Pictures to follow tomorrow.

Fred Mc
freddmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #42
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey that happens to the best of us, you would be amazed at how many small parts I have thrown across the shop trying to buff them before I figured out to put them back on something solid, I guess I forgot to tell you that part "sorry". Well if nothing else we got some good info out there about sanding and buffing.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #43
freddmc
Gone Wild

Well, I am a "happy camper". Last nights paint and clear has turned out VERY NICE. Nice and shinny, little dust so I'm not going to sand and polish.

I was under the impression(wrongly) that color sanding and buffing would give a better shine than straight clearing so I wasn't as careful in dust control at first because I thought "well, I'm going to sand anyway" so it doesn't really matter. Wrong. And this statement by master 66 says just that"The sanding and buffing process won't really give you any more shine than before but will remove debris and orange peel thus making it look flat."

Anyway its painted and it looks good and I learned a lot along the way. Especially thanks to "master 66" for all your help in this.

Funny story--as I was going about this painting exercise my wife would occasionally ask me "so whats the next step" and I would reply " well, I'm not sure as I now have to go and consult with "the expert" on the forum.

Thanks

Fred Mc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P2060270.jpg (159.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg P2060271.jpg (150.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg P2060272.jpg (171.0 KB, 39 views)
freddmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #44
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Right on Fred that looks awsome "well done". There is something to be said for doing it yourself and learning something along the way. I hope you enjoy you're beautiful cart and it was a pleasure to help.
Best Regards: Kevin
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #45
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Very nice! Looks great

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint