lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
Tony
Not Yet Wild

Default What are wheel spacers used for?

New here. I was wondering what wheel spacers are used for. I have a 4" lift and have 22x11-10 lawnpro street tires. I am probably going to change to the Carlisle all trail 22x11x10. Is the spacers required? Will the Carlisle tires fit on my existing rims?

Thanks in advance

Tony
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2007, 01:00 PM   #2
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Default Re: What are wheel spacers used for?

Wheel spaces simply space you tires and wheels out. They make the cart's stance wider, making it safer and giving it better looks...

As for the rims, if youre new tires are the same size as the old one, then they should fit.
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:09 PM   #3
Tony
Not Yet Wild

thanks yamaha4life,

I am getting ready to convert my ez go shuttle to the ac motor conversion for speeds up to around 30 mph. Do you think it is safer to use the spacers for a wider platform. Also, do you know anything about the Carlisle all trail tires? I feel like my lawnpro tires are not that stable as the have a lot of roundness to them (if that makes sense.)

Thanks
Old 12-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #4
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Tony,
The Carlisle All trail is a great tire IMOP. You may want check on your clearance in the front. I have a CC with 6lift and those tires rub on the fender because they are 11" wide, I'm told 10" wide is better in the front for improved stearing and non-rubbing. My two cents. BTW I have no spacers.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #5
Tony
Not Yet Wild

BRS,

Thanks for your reply. I will definately consider the spacers for a wider stability track. As for the tires rubbing, that is something to consider. It would seem that the carlisle tire is the same size 22x11-10 as the tire I have now, that it shouldn't rub because it fits now? Thanks for your input.

Tony
Old 12-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #6
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I don't think spacers would solve the rubbing. Here is a rough sketch of how the change your steering:

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:20 PM   #7
Tony
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the technical sketch. My tires are currently 22x11-10 and currently are not rubbing. I just want to make sure that the carlisle all trail 22x11-10 wont rub, since it has a different tread?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2007, 09:30 PM   #8
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

I believe the rubbing issue is cart specific. I hear CC rub,...I think EZ Go gives you a little more clearance in the front. Here is another Carlisle tire you may want to consider:
24"x12"x10" All turf rides real smooth, but you'll need new rims:
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO