lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2009, 07:19 AM   #41
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Golf Car Painting

Fusion might not buff well, did a table with it scratches easy.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #42
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Maybe I will get a nice prizmatic effect is what you are saying.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #43
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Might peel, not sure. Did prep by light sanding, wife wanted green table was white. Looks ok it is on the porch at the lake, used lightly so should be ok not sure how will do on gc body.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #44
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I will keep posted after I am sure its set, I put it on real thick. About 6 coats.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #45
JdArchie
Not Yet Wild

Ok, let me know how it turns out. My G 9 is a bit of a woods rig, so it doesn't have to be perfect, just good enough to cover the faded yellowish factory crap color. What color did you use? I've also got some Interlux boat paint that's self leveling and buffable i was considering trying. If you use it with the self leveling primer, this stuff fills small imperfections and scratches, but you can put it on with a brush... Very forgiving, but expensive.
JdArchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #46
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Just wondering and taking notes for down the road...does Fusion or any other rattle can company have a clear that could be sprayed after some wet sanding to help with the overspray situation?? I want to do a bright yellow and was also thinking the light color of yellow wouldnt show slight overspray and gloss differences as much as a dark color...any thoughts??
Im new and have turned into a golf cart Junkie LOL
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #47
JdArchie
Not Yet Wild

I'm a new junkie too. I've got three sitting in my garage. One has a really bad crack in the back body. I'm gonna try my hand at plastic repair and then throw some fusion at it. I didn't see any clear at the hardware store i was at yesterday. They had every other kind of fusion known to man. Maybe i'll do the Mesa Stucco finish for the southwestern look...
Old 01-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #48
ruredy
Born Wild

I use this on bare/raw plastic. if your spraying over paint, any clear/paint should work if you have done proper prepping. once you have a bonding agent (primer, fusion?, whatever) on the plastic, you don't need to keep using paints for plastic with a bonding agent. (i've never used fusion so i'm clueless about what can be painted over it)
I spray on a coat of the primer over plastic then paint with automotive paints and primers as if I were painting a car. talk to the guys at napa or other paint supplier about how to do this. they should be more than helpful
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:14 AM   #49
JdArchie
Not Yet Wild

I've used the fusion on jeep flares and the hardtop. Prepped it really well. No chipping, scratching or anything else in over a year of driving it.. Looks factory.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #50
jwise
Not Yet Wild

thats the ap from napa aka sherwin williams i was refering to good stuff. jim
jwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint