lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2020, 02:23 AM   #1
sutliff01
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 Ydre

Recently I had to replace the controller on my 09 Yamaha ydre golf cart I went with the Navitas 440a after getting the controller hooked up me and my family were driving around the yard perfectly fine. The next day I got on and at start up it seems to stutter and make a whirling noise while driving and it only happens when you first start and when you come back after a while I’m assuming after the motor cools down. The whirling noise is constant. The cart also seems to randomly decide when it wants to go fast when the pedal is fully depressed sometimes it will let you go full speed around 19-20 other times it’ll maybe go half that.

Any help is appreciated
sutliff01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2020, 08:20 PM   #2
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2009 Ydre

Sounds like a motor problem to me. Maybe brushes? Is it a stock motor? When the motor goes it sometimes takes out the stock controller. This may be what happened to you.
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:42 PM   #3
sutliff01
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2009 Ydre

It most likely is the stock motor can’t be too sure though we bought the cart in July of 2019
sutliff01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha