lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2017, 07:40 AM   #11
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Sticker residue in clear coat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06madaman View Post
Rockledge, near cocoa beach. I went to ucf, so the stickers had to go!
Ah Ok, the other coast :)

If you where close I was going to volunteer to get the adhesive off, I used to run an air brush and vinyl company, so I still have the industrial version of goo gone if you will, worst case it can be wetsanded off... acetone is a little scary if we don't know what the paint is or if it's just gelcoat....

Gregorio, you are correct that could happen, but I have the proper tools and experience so that doesn't happen, That's why I asked where he lived to see if we was close enough that i could help out :)

Good Luck

Mike
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #12
06madaman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmotoguzzi00 View Post
Ah Ok, the other coast :)

If you where close I was going to volunteer to get the adhesive off, I used to run an air brush and vinyl company, so I still have the industrial version of goo gone if you will, worst case it can be wetsanded off... acetone is a little scary if we don't know what the paint is or if it's just gelcoat....

Gregorio, you are correct that could happen, but I have the proper tools and experience so that doesn't happen, That's why I asked where he lived to see if we was close enough that i could help out :)

Good Luck

Mike
Wish I wasn't 3 hours away! But, I hope when I take it to body shop it's an easy fix.
06madaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:35 AM   #13
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

A lot of the vinyl decals have an acid type glue that makes it adhere better to the surface. The adhesive probably had a reaction with the clear coat and pitted the surface. I'd follow the instruction before mentioned with the sanding and buffing.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint