lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2016, 12:40 PM   #1
buddy in texas
Not Yet Wild

Default Carb rebuild kit for 97 Mikuni carb.

This is a project for a student in my high school class. The VIN#, I think, is
8E-27527-D7. Not sure where the Ser. No. is located unless this is it. I am trying to find a carb. rebuild kit. It is a Mikuni carb with no other identifying numbers or letters on it. Help will be greatly appreciated.
buddy in texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2016, 06:14 PM   #2
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

Default Re: Carb rebuild kit for 97 Mikuni carb.

Those years are supposed to have a briggs and strattor 4 stroke engine. 13hp had a walbro carb and 9hp had a mikuni carb. I cant find a model # for that carb.

There should be some model numbers on the engine. What are the numbers on the engine?
backyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:00 PM   #3
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

1997 Columbia Eagle P4G

I found the columbia gasket set part #27137-91 but I cant find a gasket set for it.

This place:
http://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/..._davidson_fuel
references the carb # as 27158-96.

Im going to say you would be better off just buying a chinese knockoff mikuni carb for 20-30$ off the web. You could also take the carb to a lawnmower shop and see if they have a gasket set that just so happens to fit that carb.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #4
buddy in texas
Not Yet Wild

I actually don't have a problem with a chinese knockoff. Did it myself a year or two ago on a 7K watt generator with no problems at all. As dumb as this may sound, how would I search for a chinese knockoff for this particular carburetor? What would my search criteria be? Thanks for your input.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #5
buddy in texas
Not Yet Wild

Yes this is a B & S 9hp engine. Model 185430, Type 009901, Code 96091149. Thank you for any help on this.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:22 PM   #6
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

The engine diagrams:
http://www.jackssmallengines.com/Jac...on/89483/89444

They have a carb repair kit but I'm not 100% sure that is your mukini carb. It is still on the expensive side at $82.10. Some of the parts of the kit you probably wouldn't need so you could order only the parts you need separtely for cheaper.

This site http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For...rburetor-Parts references the carb for that engine as part #715572. Still don't know if that is the exact carb you have or not but that one should fit the engine.

Unfortuneatly searching 715572 doesn't bring up any chinese knockoffs so I don't know what to tell you there. Here is a new one for $80 on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Brig...item1ea7ff2b0c
Im sure other carbs will fit it but I don't know what.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar