lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
raska02
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo dies under power then regains power

Hi, i just bought a 1991 textron ezgo electric cart ser. No. 650188 model j 1191. I don't know much about it. I think this is what is called a resistor system. There's a couple resistors on the solenoid. The problem is, the cart will take off normally, the suddenly quit / die and will not continue until you let off the pedal all the way and push it again. Once you push the pedal, you can hear the solenoid click and power is restored. You can restore power while moving and not even stop. It will do this at just about any speed. It does it intermittantly, but quite a lot. I've checked wiring connections for corrosion or loose wires. I've charged the batteries and check cables. All looks good. It's as if the solenoid looses it's connection and has to be re activated, then it will go again. It keep repeating the process. I've read how to check solenoids, controllers and the pot box. But thought maybe someone could head me in the right direction. Is it a micro switch? Or limit kill switch? (don't know if it even has one). Thanks.
raska02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2011, 12:29 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo dies under power then regains power

Sounds like a bad solenoid.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #3
raska02
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo dies under power then regains power

Thanks, i was thinking that may be the problem too.
raska02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO