lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
alphatiger1
Not Yet Wild

Default Volt reading when Isolating 2 6v batts, is seperate volt meter needed?

This is probably a dumb question. I have an old 36v EZ Go that has not been charged for several months, and charger won't kick on and believe I need to charge the battery pairs as described in other posts here.

I don't have a 12v charger or Volt meter. I noticed a charger at Lowes has a Volt meter reading on the charger. So, do I need a separate voltmeter or can I use the voltmeter setting that is on the charger?

Thanks
alphatiger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Volt reading when Isolating 2 6v batts, is seperate volt meter needed?

/www.lowes.com/pd_297675-70-BCS25EB_0_?productId=3142349&Ntt=auto%20battery%20 charger&Ntk=i_products

Nice charger, it may work but you will want a seperate volt meter for testing
other things.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
alphatiger1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Volt reading when Isolating 2 6v batts, is seperate volt meter needed?

Thats what I thought. Thanks for the feedback.
alphatiger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Peter Cheek
Not Yet Wild

You can charge the batteries in what is called series, "2 - 6 volt batteries charged at one time" Hook up your battery the negative of one to the positive of the other and hook up your battery charger with the positive on the positive of the fist battery and the negative to the negative of the second battery and if you have a 6 or 12 volt battery charger place it on 12 volts. Good Luck
Peter Cheek is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO