lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Fall food plots

I've been at deer camp the last few days bushhogging and trying to prepare food plots. It is so dry my harrow won't go deeper than 2". Its a 6' 4 gang model with about 300lbs of additional weight added on top of frame. I think all of my top soil has gone down my shower drain the last couple of nights. I did get all of our trails mowed and its nice puttin around early morning. Too hot in the evenings. Weather today supposed to be 105 degrees.
I have purchased some grain rye, rape, turnips, mustard greens, and a combo seed pac for planting, but I am holding off before spreading until we get some rain. Not much chance of germination with zero soil moisture. I dug some holes the other day, for a new stand, 36" deep and dirt was just as dry at bottom of hole as the top.
We need a tropical storm down here in SW Georgia.
Hope others are having better luck.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
webster
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fall food plots

Its the same here in South Carolina. Lately the rain has petered out, so fall planting is questionable at best especially going into October which is one of our driest months. Good luck and safe hunting.
webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:53 PM   #3
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

same here in arkansas.. dry.. we used a tiller to breakup the ground, we did lose some blades though... we planted a mixture from our local coop,,, the whitetail institute stuff works great,, but got to pricey for me..
good luck this year and be safe...
adr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:58 PM   #4
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

sorry buckman.. but i happened to notice this,,,, webster and my university beat the DAWGS back to back weekends,,,,,,, yall have a good team,,
Old 09-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
webster
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Go gamecocks!!!!!!!!!
webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:10 AM   #6
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

My Dawgs looked good the first game against a Div 11 team. I hated that loss to the Cocks. Well not so much SC as Spurrier. I can't stand that guy, but he must be a good coach. Them Razorbacks played a good game. I haven't given up on them Dawgs, they might sneak up and bite someone later in the SEC(Florida I hope).
Both of ya'll have tough games coming up tomorrow. Best of luck to your teams.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:47 AM   #7
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

we almost pulled off the upset... hell we all lost,,, that sucks.... anyways,,, im heading down to deer camp in the am.. gonna fill my feeders up and top seed my food plots and put up some game cameras....
Old 09-26-2010, 07:20 AM   #8
el wappo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

hell lots of rain here in michigan got my feed plots in two weeks ago there coming up fine october 1 opening day of bow season cant wait tuned up buggy oil change in both engine and rearend and even camo bomb my garden trailer so it matches my marathone EL WAPPO
el wappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #9
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

went today to fill up feeders and check on plots.... dry as a bone... if i dont get some rain this week,,, my plots is gonna be wasted...
Old 09-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #10
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

According to weather radar, we got rain yesterday. Problem is I can't back down to deer camp till Oct 6th. !0 day forecast shows scattered showers today and sunny for the next nine days. Whatever happened to TS Matthew? Did it finally fizzle out. Last I heard it went inland of Honduras. I hoped it would skip back up north through the gulf to SW Ga.
I listened to the Al/Ark game and sounded like a great game. A hard fought one too. You could here the hard hits over the radio. I bet those young men were sore on Sunday morning.
Good Hunting, Mike
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing