lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2018, 06:20 PM   #1
sunnydays
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2011 club car help

I have a 2011 club car ds serial # aq1120. It is a bone stock iq cart with the only modification being a obc bypass. I have batteries stamped 9/16 and seem to take a full charge 51.5 volts. My problem is I took a longer ride today and it started slowing down and then come back on. Its not real fast, I don't think the speed code is ever been set, but it slowed to about 8 or 9 mph then came back on and did it 4 or 5 times. On the last leg of the journey ( approx. 3 mi) it acted normal. Fortunately before I left I hooked up a volt meter. Even an abrupt take off it never went below 46. Under power pulling 500 lbs of passengers it stayed at 47 volts. After reaching home it was reading 49 volts. I have pretty much excluded the batteries from the eqation . Now I need direction and how to check the unit. Is it possible the mcor is limiting its signal to the controller and how would I check that without replacing it. Is there a check to see if the controller is functioning properly. Thank you for your help.
sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2018, 07:36 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2011 club car help

You can test the output like this. With the batteries connected, Tow/Run switch in Run; place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red
(+) probe on the yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the MCOR. (The reading should be approximately ~0.32vdc to 5vdc with the pedal up). Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase until it reaches ~4.65vdc or a little higher when the pedal is fully pressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle). If the reading is erratic or jumps all over the place it is a bad MCOR output signal..... Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:45 PM   #3
sunnydays
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

thanks nolefan .I will do that and post the results
Old 09-24-2018, 07:49 AM   #4
pduddie187
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Any update? I just picked up the same cart and having a very similar issue. Thanks.
pduddie187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:38 PM   #5
sunnydays
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I replaced the mcor with a mcor4 conversion kit and it cured the low pedal and the surging. Then I replaced the speed sensor with a new usa made with a new magnet from revolution and it put me at 20 mph with 2 riders
Old 09-25-2018, 06:55 AM   #6
pduddie187
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the update! May I ask where you got the MCOR conversion kit from and how much? I am down in Stuart FL, so it doesn't look like I am too far from you. Thanks for sharing!.
pduddie187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:13 AM   #7
sunnydays
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I bought the mcor off Johns golf cars on ebay. I paid $100 delivered. Make sure it is a real club car part, not the Chinese spin off. Do your research and find the part number. Club car now puts a kit together because it no longer offers a replacement part for the mcor 1. I live in Sebring and a funny coincidence I bought my cart in Stuart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car