lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2021, 09:28 AM   #1
LeonardNV
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Can hybrid 2013 badboybuggie run on gas only without electric drive batteries?

Hi,

Just picked up a 2013 badboybuggie with hybrid drivetrain. The electic drive train batteries are toast. The 12V starter battery is good. I would like to install lithium for the drivetrain eventually, but prior to making the investment I want to insure the gas engine is running. I have removed the drivetrain batteries. Is there a way to start the gas engine and run on gas only, without the drivetrain batteries installed? I'm thinking I need to do something with the loose drivetrain battery wires. I've set it to Gas only, turn the ignition to on and pressed the brake and gas peddle. Nothing comes on. No clicks.

Thanks,
Leonard
LeonardNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2021, 10:59 AM   #2
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can hybrid 2013 badboybuggie run on gas only without electric drive batteries?

In my limited experience with the BB I worked on....

It needed to complete a "self test" on the electric side to properly set the transaxle selection. It also used the gas pedal switches to control the energizing of the gas side of the system...the control circuits on the 2010 I had were very difficult to figure out. I was able to jumper the gas side relay and get the motor to run for test, but never thru the ignition, and selector switches, that did require a full battery pack to work properly.

Without detailed schematics and the limited amount of support available, I got the one I had running and sold it. From what I could find on the internet, I wasnt alone.....

Be sure to have both front and back wheels off the ground (on jack stands) when attempting any troubleshooting or starting !!

Good Luck !!
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 11:44 AM   #3
LeonardNV
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can hybrid 2013 badboybuggie run on gas only without electric drive batteries?

Thanks for the replay. Not what I wanted to hear, but in tracing the wires the last couple of days, I assumed it was going to be that. I'll look for the gas side relay and see if I can jumper it per your success. Where about did you find the relay?
LeonardNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 05:16 PM   #4
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

its been a while...(old guy brain!!)

I will admit to using a couple of 20v tool batteries wired together to use as a power source....kept switching the selector switch to gas and followed the "click" then following the gas pedal microswitch to see what I could find..eventually used a couple of clips/wires to get power to the starter/generator.... sort of like wiring up an engine on an engine stand....

get power (12v) to the ignition circuit, get some fuel, then get it to spin...

That's about all I can remember... I gave whatever documents I was able to find (not much) to the new owner...

I did find an owners manual online, and still have the file saved.. PM me your email, be happy to share it if it will help !
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO