lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2017, 09:08 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 Precedent

Unless the leaf spring can stretch or the bushings can compress, the angle of the shackle does not matter as the length between the mounting points would have to increase for the shackle to flip to a horizontal position.

If the axle twists it would only cause the leaf to get shorter since the front mounting is fixed.

The shackles and the part numbers are different for those two designs, but I don't know if the leaf lengths are different.

I still have the original leafs from my 2010 Precedent that I upgraded the leafs, It has the old design (longer shackles) from your first post.

I will measure the distance between the center of the "eyes" and post it when I get home.

Measure the length of the OEM ones You removed (new shackle design) and post it so we can compare the lengths.

Aside from David (RevolutionGolfCars.com) confirming the leafs should be the same length, I think this may help.

Edit: It appears folks in Charlotte think the same way (Just saw Aflyer post)

Last edited by Sergio; 03-29-2017 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: Slow typing this morning
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2017, 05:25 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The OEM leafs on the 2010 are 29 1/4" long.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:57 PM   #13
Bigbondo007
Gone Wild

Would it be possible that the bushings are clamped too tight? (steel tube too short either in the leaf or frame) wrong bushings? That would explain gradual flattening with no return until raised and lowered again.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Bigbondo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:02 PM   #14
Bigbondo007
Gone Wild

What are the width of the new vs old springs, looks considerably wider and your bushings are blown out 180°from the opposite side. Might be pinching the leaf and binding.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Bigbondo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:49 AM   #15
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

This is my 2012 cart that I raised 6" and installed HD rear springs. As you can see, I have the shackles that you were told that you should have on your cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spring.jpg (78.0 KB, 0 views)
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:21 PM   #16
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just checked the length of the OEM spring from my 2014 Precedent, I got the same length that Sergio did. 29 1/4.
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:48 PM   #17
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Unless the leaf spring can stretch or the bushings can compress, the angle of the shackle does not matter as the length between the mounting points would have to increase for the shackle to flip to a horizontal position.

If the axle twists it would only cause the leaf to get shorter since the front mounting is fixed.

The shackles and the part numbers are different for those two designs, but I don't know if the leaf lengths are different.

I still have the original leafs from my 2010 Precedent that I upgraded the leafs, It has the old design (longer shackles) from your first post.

I will measure the distance between the center of the "eyes" and post it when I get home.

Measure the length of the OEM ones You removed (new shackle design) and post it so we can compare the lengths.

Aside from David (RevolutionGolfCars.com) confirming the leafs should be the same length, I think this may help.

Edit: It appears folks in Charlotte think the same way (Just saw Aflyer post)
Thanks Sergio, I had forgotten to measure my spring, and report back!
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:27 PM   #18
Bcpick0
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

it is 30 1/8 from eye to eye. Just thinking, if i reinstall the shocks, will that help that shackle from falling? the video i watched said to take the shocks off.
Bcpick0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:45 AM   #19
Bcpick0
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
David is very knowledgeable on Club Cars, according to the IPL manuals, the shackles you have are standard on 2014+ models, but likely used on late production of the 2013 models.

What is your serial number, you must have a late 2013 model.
i did confirm with club car that i have a late 2013. i measured eye to eye of the spring and it is about 30 1/8. that seems to be longer than what i need. i talked to the seller and he said those should work and he has never had a problem.

Should i still be using the shocks? It was my understanding that i didnt need them with the HD springs.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:48 AM   #20
Bcpick0
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefili View Post
I have the same problem on my lifted precident, left shackle has laid down, right shackle is still on the same angle as the op photo. I jacked up the cart, loosened the shackle, put it on the same angle as the right side, tightened it up as tight as could get and it slid flat in 1 mile. I really don't think the springs are too long as both sides would do it. The leverage put on the shackle on that 45 degree angle would seem to have to make it pivot flat. It seems that the shackle either has to be straight up and down or flat, yet only the drivers side is doing it and yes the lean towards the left side is very noticeable. Not sure what to do
what is the measurement of your HD spring eye to eye? mine is a little more than 30 inches. also, did you reinstall your shocks? i did not as it was my understanding that they would be useless with the rear HD spring.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car