lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2017, 07:33 PM   #101
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcpick0 View Post
ive been speaking to Mike at Club Car. he said they do have different lengths for gas and electric carts. they are doing research and getting back to me tomorrow.
Mike who? Holderfield? I hope so. I want to call him and harass him. lol. I just sent a text to three of my closest guys at Club Car, and they say they're the same length.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2017, 07:17 AM   #102
Bcpick0
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Mike who? Holderfield? I hope so. I want to call him and harass him. lol. I just sent a text to three of my closest guys at Club Car, and they say they're the same length.
Not sure of his last name. Nice guy. He's gonna try to figure out what is going on. Tired of having a left side low rider cart. The right side will fall, it just takes it longer! Someone posted that I should get longer shackles. Wonder if that would correct the issue for me?
Bcpick0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:18 AM   #103
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcpick0 View Post
Not sure of his last name. Nice guy. He's gonna try to figure out what is going on. Tired of having a left side low rider cart. The right side will fall, it just takes it longer! Someone posted that I should get longer shackles. Wonder if that would correct the issue for me?

It would help, but it would make the cart sit taller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #104
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bcpick0,

I am not sure if you didn't see my suggestion, Post # 77 & Post #86, or if you just don't like the idea.

Please at least post a comment and let us know whether you have seen it or not, and why this solution doesn't appeal to you.

we are all trying to help you, using our real world experiences with Club Car golf cars.

Thanks,
Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:18 PM   #105
Bcpick0
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sorry for not responding. i no longer have the old springs or i would definitely try it! I pitched those things as soon as i installed the first set of HD springs, which i shouldnt have done.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #106
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

We already confirmed from various members that the leaf springs are the same length regardless of the new or old style shackle mounting brackets.

You also confirmed your leaf spring matches the length reported.

If the shackle mounting bracket is not moving/shifting under stress, is it possible the frame is bent (rear collision) so the leaf mounting points distance is now reduced?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:41 PM   #107
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

That is exactly what I was thinking might be the problem at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:16 PM   #108
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
We already confirmed from various members that the leaf springs are the same length regardless of the new or old style shackle mounting brackets.

You also confirmed your leaf spring matches the length reported.

If the shackle mounting bracket is not moving/shifting under stress, is it possible the frame is bent (rear collision) so the leaf mounting points distance is now reduced?
Yes I would imagine this is possible and it should be very easy to spot. I've been working on Precedents daily since their introduction in 2004 and I've only seen 1 with a bent frame. It got hit by a truck, and I fixed it. I've seen so many totalled DS cars in the same amount of time. The Precedent is much tougher. I doubt it's bent, but it's definitely worth a look.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:42 PM   #109
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
I looked a little closer to your first pictures and it looks like the wrong shackle bracket is installed for your cart configuration.

If You look at the circles, the bracket itself appears to be what is moving.

Also, please notice the mounting location pointed by the arrow, that arrangement goes with the old bracket/frame design, the new 3-point bracket mounts a different way on the frame itself.

I am sure David can help you getting the correct parts that go with your cart design.
I still think that Serigo was correct way back in this thread.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:16 AM   #110
Bcpick0
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I looked a little closer to your first pictures and it looks like the wrong shackle bracket is installed for your cart configuration.

If You look at the circles, the bracket itself appears to be what is moving.

Also, please notice the mounting location pointed by the arrow, that arrangement goes with the old bracket/frame design, the new 3-point bracket mounts a different way on the frame itself.

I am sure David can help you getting the correct parts that go with your cart design.
i am not sure how i missed this post. it does appear from your picture that the shackle has done some shifting. i wonder if the bolts just need to be retightened?? i will check it out when i get home and let you know. i am currently speaking to someone at CC factory. they did confirm that late 2013 models have the newer shackle mounts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car