lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
Meangreen79
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default TXT, Alltrax and D&D just clicks

I'm trying to fix a buddies cart for him. He brought it to me with an Alltrax 500 amp AXE, D&D motor, a club car 80 amp solenoid, DC 182 reversing contactors and a FR switch. It would work very seldom and if so, just for a few minutes. This is after several years of hunting. When it would not work, it would just click. The cables were trash and the batteries were neglected yet only 2 year old Trojan (6 8v). I restored the batteries, installed 2ga cables, HD 400 sol, HD rev contactors and F/R all from Scotty. Although the wiring in Scotty's diagram was different that the current setup with the D&D motor, I went by his instructions knowing that he has forgotten more than I will ever know. I have quadruple checked the wiring. It matches all diagrams to a T. The cart still just clicks. It clicks in F, R and N when pressing the pedal. I checked the new solenoid, ITS, voltage at controller in F/R and everything checks out. There are NO leds illuminating on the controller though. I did notice that the motor has come up during travel and A1 S1 hit the controller on multiple occasions as the controller is mounted above axle. Noticeable dents in controller and minor damage to motor terminals. I am a novice to this type of diagnostic and have done just about everything I can think of. I hope you guys have time to try and advise me. So cart just clicks. How do I test the motor? Is that even the next step? Gonna have a few Miller Lites and cross my fingers that someone can help. I will gladly post pictures upon request. Thanks in advance and let's go Gamecocks!
Meangreen79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO