lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2021, 04:18 PM   #1
conthodar
Not Yet Wild

Default 1993 EZGO Marathon Build

Hey everyone, new to the forum. Just picked up a 1993 EZGO marathon for 400 bucks the other day. Around our city, you cant find a shell for 400 bucks so considering it had 1 year old batteries and was in overall decent shape, I couldn't pass it up.

Only mechanical issue I had to fix was replacing the speed controller which I just did last night. Now she runs and seems to be in good shape.

Just added a 5" block lift to the cart as well. Going to put 2" spaces on and look for 22" tires next, but wondering if anyone has had or can explain why the back passenger tire is rubbing on the 5" block lift? I am guessing spacers will fix it but maybe I did something wrong too. Posting pictures later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart 2.jpg (93.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 3.jpg (106.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 4.jpg (93.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 6.jpg (75.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 7.jpg (80.4 KB, 0 views)
conthodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2021, 05:52 PM   #2
conthodar
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1993 EZGO Marathon Build

Got the cart running.
New paint job, painted the roof rack, 5" lift, new speed controller, new front cowl, and new kickplate.

Only thing left are bigger tires this weekend and still looking for a body trim alternative for the 93' marathon. Cant seem to find OEM trim anywhere, what has everyone else done?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart 8.jpg (199.1 KB, 0 views)
conthodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 06:49 PM   #3
Redmonster
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey conthodar, the cart looks good. I have an 86 marathon so Ive done some research on the molding as well. Many people use weather stripping you can find online. The problem is its impossible to find the molding unless its used at the moment. Try Ebay or local golfcart scrap yards.

Good luck,

YQ
Redmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:57 PM   #4
Forsch
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by conthodar View Post
Got the cart running.
New paint job, painted the roof rack, 5" lift, new speed controller, new front cowl, and new kickplate.

Only thing left are bigger tires this weekend and still looking for a body trim alternative for the 93' marathon. Cant seem to find OEM trim anywhere, what has everyone else done?

Thanks
Hello. Were you ever able to locate new moulding?

Thanks

Josh
Forsch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, ezgo, lift, marathon, rebuild
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO