lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #1
KY Gun Geek
Not Yet Wild

Default Part Number Help, Please - Input Shaft Seal

I have a '98 TXT, part number of axle assembly is 73500G01. The issue is an oil leak from the seal around the input shaft. I also has a broken leaf spring so I yanked the springs and the rear end to fix the leak.

There was a non-sealed bearing and slightly mangled oil seal in my cart. I have replaced the bearing with the sealed type, the O-ring, but I am having trouble finding the seal.

Looking at this pic of a full kit:
http://www.shopezgo.com/products/Bea...tric-Axle.html

Thought I had the part number for the seal by matching other pics: 15114G1.

Well, I ordered that part number but it isn't correct. The seal matched the pics, but the outer diameter is smaller than the one that was in the cart (about 1 5/8 vs 1 13/16), meaning it won't seat. The hole for the the shaft seems to be the same.

I could order the kit, but given that I have a seal in my hand that matches the seal in the kit (it is identical to the one in the pic - numbers match), seems like it wont do any good.

The seal that was in the cart has "TTO", D7368, and "4" markings. I can't match these via google...

Anybody have a different source with another part number?

TIA
KY Gun Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2015, 05:51 PM   #2
gemmechanic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Part Number Help, Please - Input Shaft Seal

My TXT parts manual lists 26761G01 as the input shaft seal. This OEM number D7368 is also the input seal used on the GEM NEV.

Daniel
gemmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:07 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

When I rebuilt my 98 txt rear end and motor, I called shopezgo.com, and they hooked me up. Not the cheapest, but I got everything I needed at once, so I could do it over the weekend. My time is worth something, so I chose not to go shopping for each and every bearing and seal separately.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:33 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Txt never had a input shaft lip seal at the motor. The sealed bearing was the seal.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:27 PM   #5
acrosteve
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Txt never had a input shaft lip seal at the motor. The sealed bearing was the seal.
I have what I believe is an electric TXT, with open bearings and the D7368 seal.

Looking at the replacement input shaft assy, it looks like they include sealed bearings. The lip seal would just be a backup, I suppose.
acrosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:15 PM   #6
gemmechanic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, the sealed bearing and lip seal is found on various equipment using the GE 19 spline motor. Other examples are GEM NEVs and some Yamaha golf cars. The sealed bearing alone does not always keep the oil inside the gearbox. Older GEM cars had warranty issues with oil getting into the motor. Your D7368 seal is identical to what GEM uses. Replcement input shafts now come with that lip seal.

Daniel
gemmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:45 AM   #7
fabbritek
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Gun Geek View Post
I have a '98 TXT, part number of axle assembly is 73500G01. The issue is an oil leak from the seal around the input shaft. I also has a broken leaf spring so I yanked the springs and the rear end to fix the leak.

There was a non-sealed bearing and slightly mangled oil seal in my cart. I have replaced the bearing with the sealed type, the O-ring, but I am having trouble finding the seal.

Looking at this pic of a full kit:
http://www.shopezgo.com/products/Bea...tric-Axle.html

Thought I had the part number for the seal by matching other pics: 15114G1.

Well, I ordered that part number but it isn't correct. The seal matched the pics, but the outer diameter is smaller than the one that was in the cart (about 1 5/8 vs 1 13/16), meaning it won't seat. The hole for the the shaft seems to be the same.

I could order the kit, but given that I have a seal in my hand that matches the seal in the kit (it is identical to the one in the pic - numbers match), seems like it wont do any good.

The seal that was in the cart has "TTO", D7368, and "4" markings. I can't match these via google...

Anybody have a different source with another part number?

TIA
Hi Tia, I have the same problem I could not find this oil seal, how did you solve it?
fabbritek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #8
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Any luck on this one, I have the same seal I need to replace.
chasenfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 02:42 PM   #9
Komodo1982
Not Yet Wild

Hello,
This is my first post here, but wanted to share with all the P/N of what I used for a suitable O-ring for the input shaft on EZGO TXT axles. This is the O-ring that fits in the groove and not in-between the snap ring and bearing.

The ring specs are
I/D: 1-13/16 inch
O/D: 2 Inch
Width: 3/32 inch

I found mine at advance auto for $1.09 and below is the link
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...1331/3490882-P

If you don't have advance auto near you, Doorman supplies the O-ring as P/N 641331.1
https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-82054-641331.aspx

Additionally I found them on e-bay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/193622207261

Hope this helps somebody as it took me 3-4 hours or research to figure this out.
Komodo1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 12:41 PM   #10
ebohannon
Not Yet Wild

The previous OEM number posted is the gas differential input shaft seal. The Dana Spicer Electric rear end input shaft seal is OEM# 612821. I order them from Stenten and their Part number is OS1T48. As a shop owner I can confirm as others have said that this seal is not always on every electric rear end. The o-ring around the bearing is suppose to seal the input shafts with a sealed bearing. However as we all know the oil does still get through the sealed bearings and eventually into the motor. The open ball bearing on the end of the input shaft with this seal still leaks as the oil runs across the shaft and out. These seals are not tight around the shaft as it needs to be able to spin still obviously. I have found the best solution is a new o-ring and the sealed bearing on the end of the input shaft with this seal in place. Hope this helps.
ebohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO