lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
Awesomesilverado
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 88 gas bolt on lift kits

how stable are the $54.00 lift kits off ebay or atv research for the 88 gas marathons?
Awesomesilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 gas bolt on lift kits

The biggest downfall of those kits is usually the hardware(Grade-2).If you go that route,Just swap out the hardware for Grade-5 or 8 and call it good.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
Awesomesilverado
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

your talking the bolts right, and does anyone have a video of someone installing one of those kits, would really like to see because i would really like to make my own if you catch my drift!, lol
Old 01-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Yes,The bolts.The rear blocks are just a piece of tubing(3/16"-wall or better),that fits inside the coil-spring,and has a large washer welded to it,so that it lets the coil rest on it.If you want 4" of lift,use a 5"-6" tube,that way it is up inside the spring to prevent it from kicking out.Use Monroe 33207 shocks on the rear.In front,look at the kits availiable,some use 4 blocks,2 at the front-axle,2 at the chassis,where the spring attaches.Others use 2 blocks at the axle.Or you can build or buy a dropped axle.Honestly though,For $60,Its' not worth the time to build one.I Fabricate for a living,get steel cheap(even free sometimes)and I still buy alot of parts because for me to get the material,cut everything,& weld it up it will take longer and cost more than buying it done.Buy the kit,2-3 days later its' on your steps,1-1/2 hrs. later its' installed!Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
Awesomesilverado
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines, thats another reason why I wanted to know, how stable and how well they were built because I am a custom fabricator as well and if you say theyre worth it thats good enough for me, Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts