lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
baggrfred
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking for clutch info

I have a 1991 Columbia Par Car that needs some secondary clutch work. Since Comet has gone out of business, is there any options for either a complete secondary clutch, new or used, parts to rebuild the secondary, or info on other brands that could be made to fit. It is an 8 1/2" secondary that uses a 1 1/8 belt and has a 7/8 shaft with a 3/16 key. I could cut the shaft to 3/4 and cut in a new groove if I knew what the dimensions of other clutches were. Any ideas out there??
Thanks
baggrfred
baggrfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2021, 11:50 AM   #2
Tankercart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Looking for clutch info

I have the same question for the same cart. I'm about take it off and brush rust off the shaft and polish the belt surfaces, and replace the belt. I'll let ya know how it turns out.
Tankercart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:04 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Vintagegolfcartparts list the complete secondary for sale BUT it is not cheap.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:14 PM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

That was a very popular clutch that was used on a lot of different machines. If you google the OEM part #, 33245-82, you will get a lot of hits. I am seeing that clutch for sale on Amazon and a lot of other places for under $200.

Remember, that clutch should get you upwards of 20 years of service. That works out to $10 a year if you look at it that way.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar