lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2021, 02:23 PM   #1
Ajluzi
Not Yet Wild

Default Anyone familiar with navitas tsx controller settings

I have a navitas tsx 600 amp controller on my cart. I’ve confirmed everything is I stalled properly and I have no faults. The solenoid has been upgraded and so us the forward reverse switch. I also put in a new accelerator potentiometer and all wiring is upgraded to 2 gauge and all terminals cleaned. Cart runs great but there’s some input lag on initial acceleration. I hear the solenoid click instantly and 2-5 seconds later it goes.

Can someone help me understand the settings in the navitas app to try and tune this out? It’s also possible it’s the old motor starting to show it’s age. Which is fine if that’s the case as I have a new one being made at plumquick. Either way I’d like to understand these settings a little better if anyone has experience.
Ajluzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2021, 06:41 AM   #2
Shoalcreek
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Anyone familiar with navitas tsx controller settings

Does yours have a ramp rate setting? Seems I read that took out the lag...
Shoalcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:44 PM   #3
Ajluzi
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalcreek View Post
Does yours have a ramp rate setting? Seems I read that took out the lag...
I’ll play with it next time I have a day off. Haven’t messed with it much as I’m waiting on the new motor to really dig into it and hopefully plumquick will help me dial it in for their motor. I’ll take some screens of my settings page later

Thanks
Old 05-13-2021, 10:22 PM   #4
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajluzi View Post
I’ll play with it next time I have a day off. Haven’t messed with it much as I’m waiting on the new motor to really dig into it and hopefully plumquick will help me dial it in for their motor. I’ll take some screens of my settings page later

Thanks
You need to calibrate the throttle. There are instructions in the the manual to calibrate for older versions. Newer ones are calibrated through the Bluetooth app per below:

Put the cart in the air and do the following steps to do a throttle cal
Remove the M wire off the controller, is to keep the motor from turning in the air. A series motor with no load on it can quickly overspeed and throw parts around inside of it.

1) Make sure KEY is ON, F/R is in FORWARD
2) Open the App
3) Go to the diagnostics page.
4) Find FOOTSWITCH and THROTTLE VOLTAGE On Diagnostics Page
5) Slowly push the throttle, when you see the FOOTSWITCH change from OFF to ON, note the THROTTLE VOLTAGE.
6) Push the throttle all the way to the floor and note the THROTTLE VOLTAGE.
7) Go to the Settings Tab
Look for THROTTLE MIN
9) Tap that and change the value from 1.5 to 0.25v HIGHER than the voltage from STEP 4 and hit DONE
10) Look for THROTTLE MAX, if it is higher than 3.5v then skip the next step.
11) Tap that and change the value from 3.5 to 0.25v LOWER than the voltage in STEP 5 and hit DONE
12) Look for THROTTLE CREEP X
13) Tap that and change the value from 2 to 0.5V HIGHER than what you set the voltage to in STEP 8
14) Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page
15) Hit the SAVE or SAVE CHANGES button
16) Confirm you do want to save
17) Remove the power from the battery for 3 seconds and reconnect
1 Hook the M terminal back up
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:24 PM   #5
Ajluzi
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordpi View Post
You need to calibrate the throttle. There are instructions in the the manual to calibrate for older versions. Newer ones are calibrated through the Bluetooth app per below:

Put the cart in the air and do the following steps to do a throttle cal
Remove the M wire off the controller, is to keep the motor from turning in the air. A series motor with no load on it can quickly overspeed and throw parts around inside of it.

1) Make sure KEY is ON, F/R is in FORWARD
2) Open the App
3) Go to the diagnostics page.
4) Find FOOTSWITCH and THROTTLE VOLTAGE On Diagnostics Page
5) Slowly push the throttle, when you see the FOOTSWITCH change from OFF to ON, note the THROTTLE VOLTAGE.
6) Push the throttle all the way to the floor and note the THROTTLE VOLTAGE.
7) Go to the Settings Tab
Look for THROTTLE MIN
9) Tap that and change the value from 1.5 to 0.25v HIGHER than the voltage from STEP 4 and hit DONE
10) Look for THROTTLE MAX, if it is higher than 3.5v then skip the next step.
11) Tap that and change the value from 3.5 to 0.25v LOWER than the voltage in STEP 5 and hit DONE
12) Look for THROTTLE CREEP X
13) Tap that and change the value from 2 to 0.5V HIGHER than what you set the voltage to in STEP 8
14) Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page
15) Hit the SAVE or SAVE CHANGES button
16) Confirm you do want to save
17) Remove the power from the battery for 3 seconds and reconnect
1 Hook the M terminal back up

Awesome! That’s what I was looking for! Will be doing this Sunday when I’m working on finishing this build.
Old 05-15-2021, 08:38 AM   #6
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajluzi View Post
Awesome! That’s what I was looking for! Will be doing this Sunday when I’m working on finishing this build.
Let me know how this works out.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO